What's new
For Sale
The Astro City logo is wrong too. The spacing between the O and the C is way off, and the kerning between the the letters in CITY are off too.

It looks like it lights up really nice, but the way the actual design is wrong bothers me. Rbtamanini if you send me your file for this I will fix it all for free for you. I mean no offense, but this is like spotting the issues with a knockoff Rolex where they don't get the logo right. You'll get more sales with something accurate. :)

Edit: Here's a clear way to see how the Astro City logo is wrong. Again, no offense intended here, but it's the iconic logo for the cab, I couldn't buy this with it being so off.

astro-city-compare.gif

I'm surprised I didn't notice the spacing difference. It bothers me a little, now that I know it's there. But not as much as the thin "AERO..." font.

I'm surprised I didn't notice the spacing difference. It bothers me a little, now that I know it's there. But not as much as the thin "AERO..." font.
I took a first pass at fixing it all last night. It's close, haven't compared my latest tweaks against a real cab yet. The proper AERO DYNAMIC SHAPE text appears to be 20pt Helvetica Bold optically stretched to 175%

astro-city-fix-progress.png

Okay, marked up my version vs a real marquee, noted some slight discrepancies in the spacing, and I'm fixing them, but I got the AERO DYNAMIC SHAPE text right. Since the marquee is back printed on the plexi you have to be careful the thickness of the plexi itself doesn't throw you off, the letters 'float' back in space a little because of it, but this should end up accurate to within a half a mm or less, and I figure that's more than good enough.

astro-city-tape-up.jpg

I'm calling this done. Here's a preview of the fixes, with the slight tweaks taken from the above tape check. I also added a .1mm offset to the AERO DYNAMIC SHAPE just to make sure it felt bold enough, I think the original screen flooded the letters just slightly.

astro-city-marquee-adjusted.png

I've uploaded the full size SVG to Google drive here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W4BRuiUat0GlwbiSqr-TOtVTnD_aFfLp/view?usp=sharing

Any vector program should be able to read that format. Archive or do whatever you like with it, good to have this stuff on ice.

These look to be excellent, and just what I am looking for to replace the badly damaged one on my Neo 29 Candy.

I've sent you a PM.

Sent a pm but figured I’d throw my idea out here too. I’ve been playing on a hitbox lately which is great but means I’m a little less likely to play on my cabs… unless I have a panel on the cabs with a leverless layout. Wondering if I can get a 2 player Vewlix C panel with a leverless layout on one side and a reg layout on the other, which would put me in a position to be able to play games that don’t work as well with a leverless layout as well as run two player games. May end up being an abomination if it happens but I’m curious to try.

Mine was shipped on the 12th Nov, took about 3 months. Should receive it end of next week hopefully.

Has anyone purchased an ASTRO CITY control panel from Rafael? Didn't see any mentions in the thread. Thanks!

Hi
Is this still alive? Can i order 2 vewlix 1p and 2p panels?
Thanks a lot

Back