What's new
Very cool, nice work getting this stuff implemented. How close would you say MAME is to actual PCB timing/gameplay now?
Uh, I dunno, for most games the main driver of slowdown is still CPU, which isn't covered by this.
You can do some pseudo-fixes for that by underclocking, but its not really accurate to the actual caching.

Uh, I dunno, for most games the main driver of slowdown is still CPU, which isn't covered by this.
You can do some pseudo-fixes for that by underclocking, but its not really accurate to the actual caching.
Right on, I’ve found the Xbox 360 games have less slowdown than PCB too but if you can clear the game on PCB consistently you can on 360. The 360 versions are just slightly more difficult than arcade.

Right on, I’ve found the Xbox 360 games have less slowdown than PCB too but if you can clear the game on PCB consistently you can on 360. The 360 versions are just slightly more difficult than arcade.
Some games have more slowdown on 360 than PCB.
Futari is one example. Futari 1.5 Maniac is a LOT easier on 360 than PCB.

Some games have more slowdown on 360 than PCB.
Futari is one example. Futari 1.5 Maniac is a LOT easier on 360 than PCB.
Didn’t notice that when playing Original but I’m sure it’s less obvious on that mode. Interesting though considering that is considered the best(?) 360 port. DFK definitely has less slowdown.

Back