What's new

K_Gogetsit

Student
Reaction score
Want to reset the exp and characters back to 0 and work my way to unlocking them all. Can use the codes at any time to unlock but thought it would be cool to just take time like I did as a kid. What is the process for it? I tried resetting the game data with and without the cartridge in the motherboard. Thanks.

Resetting game data should have done it. You can boot up another game and put MVC2 back and that will reset for sure. If it doesn't you might have the unlock rom installed

I'm not exactly sure where the game settings are stored, but you can try removing the coin cell on the motherboard and shorting the supercap. May or may not work.

I'm not exactly sure where the game settings are stored, but you can try removing the coin cell on the motherboard and shorting the supercap. May or may not work.

How do I go about this?

Take off the cart and you'll see the battery. Just pop it out. The supercap is next to it, but to short it you would have to open the case and touch the two pins of the cap on the underside with a flat head screwdriver. Alternatively, the cap will possibly run out of juice in a day or two if the board isn't turned on, so if you're not in a hurry, you could just try that.

Take off the cart and you'll see the battery. Just pop it out. The supercap is next to it, but to short it you would have to open the case and touch the two pins of the cap on the underside with a flat head screwdriver. Alternatively, the cap will possibly run out of juice in a day or two if the board isn't turned on, so if you're not in a hurry, you could just try that.

So just leaving cart unplugged from the mother board will drain the battery?

Which is the battery? Unplug everything before I take out the battery correct?
D3B4DD5B-B91F-433A-8C84-158C50B14BD8.jpeg

Which is the battery? Unplug everything before I take out the battery correct?
D3B4DD5B-B91F-433A-8C84-158C50B14BD8.jpeg
interesting, your battery is already removed. I'm surprised it's saving settings at all? You may be using the already unlocked chars rom? Did someone make/convert your cart or is it original?

interesting, your battery is already removed. I'm surprised it's saving settings at all? You may be using the already unlocked chars rom? Did someone make/convert your cart or is it original?

That’s a good question, I’m gonna ask the seller. Any other pics able to help determine?

This is the cart.
8ACE1252-520A-4AF2-852F-3D99B0EBC987.jpeg
those look like mask roms that say mv2, so i think it's legit? bbge seems right for serial number according to a quick google.

Couldn't you reset to factory settings in Service menu?
yeah, I think he tried that but it wasn't working. also odd that it's saving settings after power off with no battery at all? I wonder if there's something else going on?

This naomi and mvc2 came from me , i have 3 more mvc2 carts still has the same jumpers from various pcboards that i acquire , the naomi1 monther boad has a battery but , when shipped Dhl required to remove the battery, and same as my two naomi 1 and naomi2 motherboard is booting without problems without a battery, when i swap my capcom vs snk and to play again mvc2 some data stay some data wipe all the settings

My memory is hazy, but I think game settings are saved on the Naomi itself. How else would GDROM games save settings?
Open the test menu (one of the two buttons on the NAOMI filter board) and see if there's an option to reset game settings or something like that.

Back