What's new

José Z

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for a permanent fix to this problem. I have twin cabinet, and one of them normally has this bad polygon graphics issue After it's been running for about 10 minutes, I can bang the on the lower cabinet (like the Fonz ) and the graphics go perfect for a while. Also, with the cabinet open, I can fidget with the board while it's running and get the graphics to look great, but it will eventually revert back to glitchy.

Okay, so since having the hardware warm-up and physical movement resolve it, I guess there's just a bad connection somewhere. Below I've attached a good image and a bad image to show the difference.

Any suggestions on how I can go about safely figuring out what connection it could be? I'm worried about causing more damage by touching the board incorrectly while the game is running.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20210918_105742 1.jpg
    20210918_105742 1.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 20210918_105746 1.jpg
    20210918_105746 1.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 100
probably bad solder joints - the boards are huge

Well my graphic issue has been resolved. I found press down on the top board around one of the big connectors would fix it twmporarily, but would not last mor than a few minutes. I pulled the boards appart to exam that connector and found that the male end of it was loose and the plastic connector could be easily pulled right off from the pins. I put it back in without the male connect, then found that not pushing the connection all the way down resolved it. I used plastic washers propped under the connector worked by not letting it connect all the way down. Fingers crossed that this fix will last. Thanks again for your input STJ!! With network issues and graphic issues resolved, i finally have a fully functional Virtual On Cyber Trooper!!

Reactions: stj
Back