What's new

José Z

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi, arcade newb here. My twin cabs were working well, then started failing Network test. Got new optic cables and now passing network test but not prompting to play versus. The prompt screen comes up for 2 seconds but has no Versus option, then goes right to single play on both cabs. I tried matched up all game settings between master and slave but still same issue. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210702-183554_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210702-183554_Video Player.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 139
maybe when the net failed the games changed their settings to standalone mode.
go over all the settings carefully.

maybe when the net failed the games changed their settings to standalone mode.
go over all the settings carefully.
Thanks stj, I had put them both in stand alone mode when network stopped working, so I could keep using them and confirm it was just network issue. I've since put them back to master and slave, slave and master, and every combo of master/slave/stand-alone I could think of, multiple times each. I've gone through the settings and the manual and tried everything I could think of. Yesterday I tried disconnecting the controls/sticks/fire buttons, thinking maybe there's a button kinda stuck and selecting before I get a chance to change the selection to Versus, but that didnt work.

I pulled the PCBs apart, cleaned them, reconnected them and no change. I checked power supply output and it's fine on both cabs.

I guess my next step is to figure out how to check the power supply at the PCB and figure out which components on the PCB are related to the network (the parts transmitting the red light through the optic cables), and see if I see anything there.

Left Cabinet should be set to "Master", Right cabinet should be set to "Slave" (this is printed right on the control panel art if you ever forget)

it's also important to note that the RX port on the left cab goes to the TX port on the right cab and the TX port on the left cab goes to the RX port on the right cab.

if you're not sure which is which unplug it and look for a red light in the cable... the TX port should be producing red light and the RX port should be receiving red light.

Thanks for the input. I've got the Master/slave correct, i was just trying other options on that setting for the sake of exploring. The TX RX is correct as they pass the initial network check and boot.

do you have to give each game an ID number?

Thanks. Good to know. I checked that the TX from Master (producing bright red light) is going into RX on Slave, and same from Slave to Master. I've had them connected the wrong way before and they didnt get past the Checking Network boot screen.

do you have to give each game an ID number?
It doesn't seem to have a place to do that, but this screen blinks on for a fraction of a second right after the Network Check on boot. It seems to suggest the machines are labeled 1 and 2 correctly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210702-190412_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210702-190412_Video Player.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 122
only other thing i can think of - does it have a setting for the "buy in" period that it waits for the other machine before starting a game?
i dont know this game, but some games you set how many seconds it will "wait for other players" before starting a game.

Could be a faulty communications cart too. I think I remember having a similar issue.

Could be a faulty communications cart too. I think I remember having a similar issue.
Seems something is faulty. Any ideas on what i could try next or how to check which unit's comm board may be bad? Thank you.

I don't think there's any way to check which one is bad if you only have two. The carts are cheap, so I would just get an extra one that is known to be working and then swap it to both sides to see if it makes a difference.

you would think it would support a loopback in testmode!

I don't think there's any way to check which one is bad if you only have two. The carts are cheap, so I would just get an extra one that is known to be working and then swap it to both sides to see if it makes a difference.b6

I don't think there's any way to check which one is bad if you only have two. The carts are cheap, so I would just get an extra one that is known to be working and then swap it to both sides to see if it makes a difference.
By cart do you mean the whole Communication Board? I looked on ebay and havent seen any for sale. Any suggestions for where i could find this? Thanks!

Make a WTB. If you were local, I would just give you one for testing.

i'v never seen one - does it have any programmable stuff on it?
where is it relative to the board-stack?
i have a virtual-on 2B-CRX cage here somewhere.

Back