What's new

Alex420

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi,

As you can can see I’m restoring the control deck of a Dynamo Big Blue gen 2. I’m in desperate need of the joystick mounting plate for player 1, as I’m unable to find one anywhere. Mounting IL euro sticks as the cutouts appear to be made for these. I’m currently planning on doing some sanding after it dries and then if I don’t come across one then make my own player 1 mounting plate. Any suggestions or tips will be appreciated if I end up having to make my own. The next step after that will be applying the Capcom steel overlay. Then brand new t-molding and finally cut out some new Lexan.

Should add it was converted to Golf Tee 2k the control deck had a huge cutout for the trackball and now it’s being returned to 2 players 6 button configuration. I have never done wood work and didn’t want to take on cutting out a new deck so I opted for the easy route of just filling it in and sanding.

Last edited:
They make really nice repros of this....would save you alot of time. Check out Haruman's customs

I checked out the website but don’t see anything regarding Dynamo big blue control deck or any of the parts.

Message him on FB. He makes great repro's and includes the acrylic overlay!

As you know, the Gen 2 Big Blue mounting plate is basically a thin piece of rectangular metal with 4 bolts attached. If you take the Player 2 plate to a machine shop, it would likely be a cheap and easy fab job.

Alternatively, if you’re going to do wood work anyway, you can probably get 4 bolts, and place them into the wood panel with washers, and fill and even out the top with Bondo.

Or you can try contacting Haruman. Back in the day, I sent him my Big Blue panel to trace, and he did an amazing job. He can certainly CNC a wooden panel with matching plexi if he’s available.

As you know, the Gen 2 Big Blue mounting plate is basically a thin piece of rectangular metal with 4 bolts attached. If you take the Player 2 plate to a machine shop, it would likely be a cheap and easy fab job.

Alternatively, if you’re going to do wood work anyway, you can probably get 4 bolts, and place them into the wood panel with washers, and fill and even out the top with Bondo.

Or you can try contacting Haruman. Back in the day, I sent him my Big Blue panel to trace, and he did an amazing job. He can certainly CNC a wooden panel with matching plexi if he’s available.
Thank you, I’ll reach out to him. I might do that, cut out some wood same size as the plate and drill it into place.

Back