What's new
Yes that option is implemented. Pressing 1P+A+D for 3 seconds will bring up the menu during gameplay.
Darksoft, you may want to add some alternate button combinations at some point as I'm sure some people may run this in a cab or in a set-up that doesn't have a D Button wired up. (Strange, I know, but I was such a person. I had to make myself an adapter to wire up a D button through my Capcom kick-harness.)
Isn't it strange to use neogeo boards with no D wired, when most of its games (and many of the best ones) require it?
I'm not big on fighting games, so if you stick to just mostly the Shmups/Puzzle/Metal Slug/etc. part of the Neo library, then you never even need to use the D Button at all, really.

Last edited:
Personally I don't get the criticism regarding the use of LCDs, especially on systems with smaller libraries. For me the LCD on the Taito F3 and CPS2 multis is perfect because the cart acts like an original otherwise. With the LCD in a cab CP, it's very easy to change games quickly and there is no added complexity like there would be with a menu.

One thing I'm curious about is how this cart works on multi-slot systems. Let's say I'm using a 2-slot system and I put the DS cart in slot 2 and power up the system. If the other cart is active and I start playing it right away, will the DS cart do its auto-loading in the background? Similarly if you start flashing a set of games, can you still switch to another slot on the MVS board while the DS cart flashes?

I know it's probably not happening at this point, but if the DS virtual slots could be made to act like real slots so the "Game Select" button on MVS cabinets would work properly that would be amazing. It would also allow those with a Unibios to switch games during attract mode by simply pressing A or B with the 'cabinet fixes' option enabled.

Honestly I prefer LCDs for selecting BECAUSE it makes the multi behave like the original.
On-screen menus have a place don't get me wrong, I just love what's been done with the CPS2/F3.

Even the ST-V multi, while shipping without a LCD has perfect jumper operation that later allowed for the addition of a LCD.

My sexy ST-V (now with even more sexy thanks to Twistedsymphony)
A0he2Di.jpg

Personally I don't get the criticism regarding the use of LCDs, especially on systems with smaller libraries. For me the LCD on the Taito F3 and CPS2 multis is perfect because the cart acts like an original otherwise. With the LCD in a cab CP, it's very easy to change games quickly and there is no added complexity like there would be with a menu.
54198023.jpg

One thing I'm curious about is how this cart works on multi-slot systems. Let's say I'm using a 2-slot system and I put the DS cart in slot 2 and power up the system. If the other cart is active and I start playing it right away, will the DS cart do its auto-loading in the background? Similarly if you start flashing a set of games, can you still switch to another slot on the MVS board while the DS cart flashes?

I know it's probably not happening at this point, but if the DS virtual slots could be made to act like real slots so the "Game Select" button on MVS cabinets would work properly that would be amazing. It would also allow those with a Unibios to switch games during attract mode by simply pressing A or B with the 'cabinet fixes' option enabled.
We thought about that, but what should happen when you hit that button? Should it go to next slot in the 4 slot MVS mobo or cycle next game inside our cart? It could be an option for people with a single game mobo, but for now we will focus on getting the product released asap.

I agree with this 100%. An LCD is fine for selecting games if the game library for that platform is fairly small. I do think an OSD was the right thing to do on the Neo Geo though since there's more than 100 titles.

I also want to publicly say "Thank You" to Darksoft and Mitsurugi for their Multi efforts. You guys both seem to catch a lot of flack from certain areas of the arcade community (especially in the NG forums), but no one else is creating & shipping ST-V, CPS2, CPS3 or Taito F3 Multis that aren't glitchy, malfunctioning Chinese clones. Considering the small demand for some of these devices (only 100 Taito F3 Multis produced!!!), you're obviously not making big piles of money off of these things. I for one greatly appreciate both of you for your engineering and support efforts. I just want to play the games on the original arcade hardware safely and reliably - whether the game is selected through jumpers, an LCD, or an OSD is all a minor detail IMHO. I look forward to all of your future products.

Honestly I prefer LCDs for selecting BECAUSE it makes the multi behave like the original.
On-screen menus have a place don't get me wrong, I just love what's been done with the CPS2/F3.

Even the ST-V multi, while shipping without a LCD has perfect jumper operation that later allowed for the addition of a LCD.

My sexy ST-V (now with even more sexy thanks to Twistedsymphony)
A0he2Di.jpg
Guess I'm not an Arcade purist... I prefer OSD menu's. But I guess I'm a romantic fool... I'd like to be reminded of the days of the (pirate/warez/demo/party) scene.. And that Neo Geo Multi OSD menu does a good job, together with the music, to give me that old skool feeling.

We thought about that, but what should happen when you hit that button? Should it go to next slot in the 4 slot MVS mobo or cycle next game inside our cart? It could be an option for people with a single game mobo, but for now we will focus on getting the product released asap.
Easier said than done, but the DS cart would have to patch the BIOS so it would see the virtual slots as physical slots on the board along with the other 'real' slots. Then you'd be able to manage soft DIPS via the BIOS for each game individually, rather than just in the DS menu. It would also allow games to properly save high scores to the system rather than just to the cart.

One thing is for sure, If you try to pleased everyone, the NeoGeo multi will never get done:). Talking about pleasing - I am easy, everdrive futunality, OSD, plain text, and manual reset to main menu:). I never use the everdrive key combo to go back to the game list. I use everdrives how I would use a normal game cart after it has been flashed:).

I love EverDrives too, and that's how I'll use my multi as well. I have to say though that I wish Krikzz would learn from Darksoft with his hardware development process, and from Darksoft's attention to detail in many respects. Also, we don't get nearly as many customization options and features with EverDrives.

I'm really excited after the latest video and it looks like all bases have been covered. The functionality is all there and it looks simple to switch between different use scenarios (single vs multi slot, menu setup, etc). Congrats and thanks to everyone putting in the long hours to perfect it :D

I have always simply ignored the childish antics that came from the Neo-Geo "community" ... though I have to admit that PERSONALLY, I've not encountered nearly the amount that some folks evidently have. I also only ever went there to take care of NG business... I rarely "hung out" there. I felt "old" over there ... almost as if most over there were still in their younger years...(to be polite).

I have always simply ignored the childish antics that came from the Neo-Geo "community" ... though I have to admit that PERSONALLY, I've not encountered nearly the amount that some folks evidently have. I also only ever went there to take care of NG business... I rarely "hung out" there. I felt "old" over there ... almost as if most over there were still in their younger years...(to be polite).
I had a dude from there scam me on eBay. Claimed my product came damaged. Found his Photo Bucket and discovered he just swapped his crap copy for mine. Thanks to eBay's less than wonderful policies I still had to refund him and let him keep my copy. Other eBay users have reported similar stories, yet the guy can still use it : /

Out of curiosity, who?

I'm a regular there and we (I) don't normally tolerate scamming.

People come and go so I'm hoping they're already gone.

Please pm me rather than cause drama here.

I'm not a mod or anything, just curious.

Out of curiosity, who?

I'm a regular there and we (I) don't normally tolerate scamming.

People come and go so I'm hoping they're already gone.

Please pm me rather than cause drama here.

I'm not a mod or anything, just curious.
+1

Back