What's new

RayBullty

Student
Reaction score
Hi

Here i will post some questions and problems with Ringedge2.

First thing:
Its any way to know the game on a sega RingEdge2 without power up? I have one from japan, and wile i find a PSU cable, i want to know what game is it. In lindbergh you know with the numer in the dongle, but here i cant find any info.

///////// EDIT: NEW QUESTIONS, DOWN BELOW THE POST. :) \\\\\\\\\

nSJ8TA-Xuymj6Rg?width=495&height=660&cropmode=none.jpg

Last edited:
Hi
I just received power cable. The seller told me that i just need to select 220 in the PSU.... but.... maybe he is wrong? here is not any switch to change 110 to 220.... maybe he is confusing with pc psu? I think i dont need to change anything and the psu acept 220 and 110 direct.

Just look at the label on the PSU, I don't think those have a manual switch for AC voltage input, they should accept 100v-240v.

Ok, so today i have some time to check if the Ringedge2 works.
I had to ask for a cable to be able to turn on the machine and I already have it here and well... On the first boot, after windows xp loaded and it was already on the white screen with the logo and loading, the system suddenly rebooted. So I decided to record with the mobile to see what happened in the second boot. I was surprised that the screen looks vertical. I do not know if it will be some airplane game or similar. I still don't know what game comes with the machine.

Now, this time it has not rebooted, but it has asked me (I suppose) to connect to the JVS. So I have gone to connect it, but I see that I am missing cables. I need power the JVS or connect to the jamma winring inside the cabbinet.

OBHfmQcx51Ig1Tp?width=660&height=495&cropmode=none.jpg

Hi again...
I've been thinking, is it possible to power the i / o directly from the RingEdge so I don't have to get a psu just to power up the i / o. In the photo below it is better understood

sbV4Mk0aNKNmacD?width=660&height=495&cropmode=none.jpg

Well, technically the JVS power connector on the Capcom IO is an output. I would use the jamma connector on the other side instead. You just need two voltages, +5V and +12V, and of course ground.

Otherwise your idea is sound. I power a Sega JVS IO with the RE2 DC output connector.

Well, technically the JVS power connector on the Capcom IO is an output. I would use the jamma connector on the other side instead. You just need two voltages, +5V and +12V, and of course ground.

Otherwise your idea is sound. I power a Sega JVS IO with the RE2 DC output connector.
Thanks for the clarification. I was totally confused. I thought that connector was to power the I / O.
I'd really like to feed the I / O directly from the DC OUT

Thank you very much for your answer

I believe the game is HORUKA x TORUKA.

So
I only need this part wired??:

aRaor1dDVpeMoLM?width=474&height=448&cropmode=none.jpg

Picked up a Ringedge 2 off the auctions and ripped it all apart and removed the dust and nasty tar.... got it back together and installed a power cord and grounded it on the chassis. When I go to plug it in, I see the green LED on the motherboard next to the 24 pin connector but it doesn't power up.

Do I need the I/O in order for it to boot? I just want to make sure I get something out of the board and GPU before I spend more money! I see a jumper on the connector in the corner near the GPU but removing it, etc. doesn't seem to help. I have a PC switch I can use but I don't know which pins to jumper.

What did I do wrong if anything and what else can I try to get this thing to boot before I buy more stuff for it?

A friend said he has a I/O for me but it wont get here for a few days.

Thanks!

@Neccros
It seems to be stuck on standby. If you removed the CMOS battery at some point or the battery is missing, you will need unplug power then follow step 1 - 3
1) Unplug and remove the battery
2) re set the jumpers to pins (circled in blue on my picture) then re install battery
3) with jumpers in that new position and a fresh battery, power back on, fans will kick on for a few seconds then turn off. once this happens, power off by unplugging power, re set jumpers back to original position (position in my picture). Power back on and you should be golden. I went through this recently and wrote it down after days of reading posts. This is assuming that your Ringedge was working before you dismantled for cleaning. Some China and Japan sellers remove batteries before shipping.

Attachments

• 3502C991-A65C-47C0-A113-F53321AEE04B.jpeg
    3502C991-A65C-47C0-A113-F53321AEE04B.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
@Neccros
It seems to be stuck on standby. If you removed the CMOS battery at some point or the battery is missing, you will need unplug power then follow step 1 - 3
1) Unplug and remove the battery
2) re set the jumpers to pins (circled in blue on my picture) then re install battery
3) with jumpers in that new position and a fresh battery, power back on, fans will kick on for a few seconds then turn off. once this happens, power off by unplugging power, re set jumpers back to original position (position in my picture). Power back on and you should be golden. I went through this recently and wrote it down after days of reading posts. This is assuming that your Ringedge was working before you dismantled for cleaning. Some China and Japan sellers remove batteries before shipping.
I ripped it apart the second I got it cause it was so nasty.... Also I didnt have a cord until recently a friends buddy made me one.

I have a new battery on order and havent checked the voltage on the existing one since my multimeter is buried at the moment..

EDIT: tried your suggestions above using the existing battery until my new one gets here and when I plugged in after moving the jumper, I heard a brief click possibly from the PSU, and no LED lit up.... unplugged and moved the jumper back and LED lights up but still sits there doing nothing...

I ripped it apart the second I got it cause it was so nasty.... Also I didnt have a cord until recently a friends buddy made me one.

I have a new battery on order and havent checked the voltage on the existing one since my multimeter is buried at the moment..

EDIT: tried your suggestions above using the existing battery until my new one gets here and when I plugged in after moving the jumper, I heard a brief click possibly from the PSU, and no LED lit up.... unplugged and moved the jumper back and LED lights up but still sits there doing nothing...
Yeah battery could be dead or low on power, try agin with the new Battery but make sure everything is seated properly as well. Hope it works for you.

Back