What's new
please elaborate. Is the game trying to access some protected areas to verify the code is actually protected?
it doesn't work this way. game uploads encrypted data to security device RAM, then read it in special way 'through' this device and get them in decrypted form. so far I see this happens in this game only twice. I can provide for you decrypted data chunks, and address of mentioned routines, so you can inject them in game data and code.

Virtual-On, Outtrigger and Charge'n Blast are my top 3 most wanted. Mostly because the carts are very rare/hard to find...
Virtual-On and Outtrigger is not rare or hard to find, I can give you several URLs there they are on sale right now, however they are expensive compared to other NAOMI carts.

about 'Charge'n Blast' - do you ever seen at least photos of cab or cartridge of this game ? I guess no.
heh, even system16.com have screenshots made from Dreamcast version ;)

please elaborate. Is the game trying to access some protected areas to verify the code is actually protected?
it doesn't work this way. game uploads encrypted data to security device RAM, then read it in special way 'through' this device and get them in decrypted form. so far I see this happens in this game only twice. I can provide for you decrypted data chunks, and address of mentioned routines, so you can inject them in game data and code.
Yeah that would be great. So I just modify the code so instead of "translating"/decrypting that chunk of code it will copy it from some other location. Right?

Wait, Quiz Ah My Goddess! requires a special I/O? For a quiz game?

yes, right. in short will be needed to modify data readout routine, so it will read not from protection device data port offset but some offset(s) in dimm memory there will be already decrypted data chunks.

affair no

btw, I digged in my old logs and found some very well known on NAOMI scene person have (at least) this games hacked for DIMM many years ago:
Guilty Gear X
InuNoOsanpo(WalkTheDog)
Virtual On OTM.S.B.S Ver5.66
so maybe it will be better lurking around for a while ? ;)

Virtual-On and Outtrigger is not rare or hard to find, I can give you several URLs there they are on sale right now, however they are expensive compared to other NAOMI carts.

about 'Charge'n Blast' - do you ever seen at least photos of cab or cartridge of this game ? I guess no.
heh, even system16.com have screenshots made from Dreamcast version
I know where I could buy them right now if I wanted to too, "rare" might not be the right word... more "uncommon" and the fact that you typically need to buy at least 2 carts to have a proper game makes it even more expensive.

As for the Charge'n Blast I saw a Picture of a cart on the NAOMI forums a long time ago, no idea if it was fake. I have the Dreamcast version and it certainly plays more like an arcade game than a console game. I honestly haven't done much research on this game.

For the record I have a copy of VOOT that is playable but it has a major bug that the hacker didn't deal with.

I found a copy of Gun Survivor 2 here. Can someone give it a try?
I tested this out and could not get it to boot. it goes through the normal net-boot process fine and then on the final game load it shows the NAOMI logo then just goes to a black screen. Monitor is actually receiving a 640x480 solid black image (as opposed to no signal at all). it wont go into test mode either, nor will the NAOMI reboot if another game is sent to the Net-DIMM.

I tried Rev H Multi bios in both USA and JP bios settings as well as booting with both Type 1, Type 2 and No JVS board installed... same results with all configurations.

Same as when I tried several months ago.

It's totally possible to convert the Ah! My Goddess dump to make it netbootable, but there is something screwy with the graphics once you do this. Shortly after the first cut scene, the 3D models invert their colors or break. The game is playable...it just looks like crap.

I've also been able to convert Samba de Amigo Ver. 2000 to be netbootable, but it crashes at the song select screen, I believe. Not that that game is at all playable without the i/o boards, assorted light gun parts, and maracas.

Dynamite Baseball is also netbootable without issue, but it isn't playable without the baseball bat control panel thing.

Dynamite Baseball is also netbootable without issue, but it isn't playable without the baseball bat control panel thing.
To be fair, the game plays super awesome with that panel. I wouldn't want to play without it.

Weird about Ah! My Goddess though. Loved the show when I was in Jr High. Would've been neat to bumble through the game with my almost non-existent ability to read Japanese.

can anyone share this 'unfinished hacks' binaries ?
and dimm tools patcher (iirc v6 was latest), I had one but seems lost somewhere

I found here a version of GGX.

http://www.emuparadise.me/Sega_NAOMI_ROMs/Guilty_Gear_X/73472

I'll have a look at those two non finished cracks of VOON and GunSurvivor 2
not that I really care much about this particular game but I tested this last night and it produces this error:

ADRESS ERROR(GetPalettAddress)
-1(0xffffffff)

if you let it sit for too long the console will reboot to a NAOMI ERROR 22 for a failure to communicate with the option board.

Thanks for testing. Definitely that version is not working and a new crack needs to be done.

I tested this out and could not get it to boot.I tried Rev H Multi bios in both USA and JP bios settings as well as booting with both Type 1, Type 2 and No JVS board installed... same results with all configurations.
do you have plugged communication board ? (not DIMMs net) this game will not boot if it not present.

not that I really care much about this particular game
I'm pretty sure people who are capable actually do something (i.e Darksoft or me) doesn't care at all about *any* of games mentioned in this topic ;)

do you have plugged communication board ? (not DIMMs net) this game will not boot if it not present.
I did not know that. I do have a link board but I wasn't using it when I tested. I'll try again tonight with it installed.
I'm pretty sure people who are capable actually do something (i.e Darksoft or me) doesn't care at all about *any* of games mentioned in this topic
And we very much appreciate your efforts :)

Back