What's new
For Sale

decimata

Student
Reaction score
Next month I'm moving to a new apartment and will not have the space to house my Killer Instinct arcade machine. Obviously I'll offer the sale here if anyone is interested, but what I'm really looking for is a bit of advice before I put it up on eBay and Craiglist.

I've pieced together the machine over a period of time.

-The KI game board works PERFECTLY.
-I updated the game with a FLASH DRIVE.
-The monitor is a Wells Gardner that I bought BRAND NEW, which means the monitor has never seen the inside of the arcade, has not see a lot of hours, is in mint condition.
-The power supply, I purchased brand new, it's the newer midway power supply that looks like a computer's power supply, I had it professionally wired.
-The controls are new, that I wired up.

So inside the machine is outstanding. The outside of the machine is good, except one part is not ascetically pleasing.

When i got the machine, there was no plastic overlay for the control, and the metal had been bent to hell. The wood for the control was still fine, but ugly since it had some remains of the KI controller sticker.

My question is, should I sell it as is? Or should I buy the metal, overlay and plastic and then sell it? These parts probably total about $200 on eBay. And what should i be selling it for?

Here are some pictures of the machine, I put a yellow plastic overlay to be comfy on the hands instead of the wood.

IMG_2824.JPG
IMG_2826.JPG
IMG_2828.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2825.JPG
    IMG_2825.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_2827.JPG
    IMG_2827.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 252
I wish I had kept up on the price of entire cabinets but the last few years I haven't had the space to take in any more so I'm not sure.

I paid $600 for the one I have now and I received another as payment for repairing four other machines for a high ranking marine. I traded that one for a dedicated KI2 that was delivered to my house so we could call it even.

My out-of-touch guess would normally be $600-800 since it is one of the more sought-after woodies. Bump that up about $200 since the monitor is so nice. Regarless, don't lose money on it either way. Someone will give you what you want for it as long as you don't ask Ebay prices.

As for the CP. You are probably fine if you just replace the overlay and the plexi. The metal panel is nice for an arcade environment but if it's home use then not really needed. The buyer can add it if they want. Maybe even buy the overlay but not install it just in case.

I think replacing the plexi and overlay is fair. Ya eBay has them over $2k for Killer Instinct and their monitors I can guarantee don't hold a candle to what I have in my machine. I think I'd be okay parting with it for $1500. Perhaps I'll replace the plexi and overlay and do that.

Any advice on shipping companies?

I would leave that to the buyer to handle. I've used Uship with good results before.

I would get the overlay for the control panel, but that's it...
The plexi is really only because in the arcade setting most control panels got drilled to hell and back, so they use it as a barrier.

Sure plexi offers some protection for the overlay, but if you have it done right (aka Polycarbinate laminate same used for bullet proof glass) it shouldn't mater.

I believe this is what your looking for?

I've seen a few go recently at 800 without much of a wait to be sold. With the flash drive upgrade and the pretty much new monitor you may be able to squeeze a bit more out.

I agree with jassin about the control panel.

Yes I also agree with Jassin about the control panel, in fact thanks for posting the link to that. It makes my life a little easier than "hunting" for the overlay.

Going to order that today as a matter of fact.

I'll probably post it to eBay and Craigslist by this weeks end. Take some pictures of inside the cabinet as well.

I did also run some quotes on the shipping, it's about $300-400 depending on where it ends up. Obviously buyer has to pay for shipping and if they'd like to set it up they are more than welcome too.

Sad to see it go.

Yes I also agree with Jassin about the control panel, in fact thanks for posting the link to that. It makes my life a little easier than "hunting" for the overlay.

Yeah,thats right! Plexi is about $65 on ebay, or you can contact ctozzi from the KLOV forums. But I would only get the overlay like Jassin said.

I ran into the same situation with both my Killer Cabs when I moved to a apt here in Seattle. I traded my KI for a candy cab (Pony Mark IV) with a good monitor, NO game, new marquee, new plexi, new joysticks and buttons, side art was good too. I wanted to keep the game but that alone goes for $200-$250. I originally bought it for $650 in Houston, but needed the few things I mentioned. I would have sold it for $800 with game lol.

I sold my KI2 with NO game for $500, but it needed new joysticks,buttons, plexi and marquee. The side art work was near mint and the inside of the cab was almost brand new.

Seems like you have nice art work on the sides, plus a new monitor and PSU so thats great, I would suggest $750-$850 to be a fair price. I don't think anyone is paying those $1500 ebay prices.

Hope this helps!
-John V.

I'll probably post it to eBay and Craigslist by this weeks end. Take some pictures of inside the cabinet as well.

I did also run some quotes on the shipping, it's about $300-400 depending on where it ends up. Obviously buyer has to pay for shipping and if they'd like to set it up they are more than welcome too.

Sad to see it go.
Man, I am feeling the pain for you. Ouch. Take lots of pictures. Lots and lots of them. Then stuff those pictures somewhere. 10 years down the line, you'll run into them again and will be able to fondly recall memories.

I'd put that in storage or entrust to a friend with a nice garage before I'd sell that baby.

Back