What's new

SmokeMonster

Champion
Reaction score
Is a large or small cluster size a better choice for the CPS2 kit? EverDrives supposedly read FAT32 faster with smaller cluster sizes, is the same true for CPS2? Is there an ideal cluster size that matches the size of CPS2 roms?

I tried researching this on my own, but didn't get far. Maybe it doesn't make a difference?

The cluster size affects the number of chunks of continuous space in which files are divided inside the filesystem. Usually, if you will have only big files, you want big clusters, because then the files are read faster (less chunks means less places to search the file's pieces). That works in the case of NTFS (Windows) when using for example Oracle Databases. I think it works the same here, however being these files are not that big in the first place, I do not think it affects the performance that much.

Regards.

The cluster size affects the number of chunks of continuous space in which files are divided inside the filesystem. Usually, if you will have only big files, you want big clusters, because then the files are read faster (less chunks means less places to search the file's pieces). That works in the case of NTFS (Windows) when using for example Oracle Databases. I think it works the same here, however being these files are not that big in the first place, I do not think it affects the performance that much.

Regards.
^That^

In any case, I recommend to format the microSd and then copy all files in one drag&drop move. That should allocate all the clusters sequentially.

I used a 8gb SD card at first and the games worked but I had graphical glitches unless I reset my cabinet and then they were fine loading a second time. Then I upgraded to a 32gb card and nothing works I get operation failed on my lcd and a soldi white screen. I switched back to my 8gb SD card after formatting it and I get the same thing. So pissed right now

Regards.
^That^
In any case, I recommend to format the microSd and then copy all files in one drag&drop move. That should allocate all the clusters sequentially.
Defragging the microsd should achieve the same results, making file access quicker.

I used a 8gb SD card at first and the games worked but I had graphical glitches unless I reset my cabinet and then they were fine loading a second time. Then I upgraded to a 32gb card and nothing works I get operation failed on my lcd and a soldi white screen. I switched back to my 8gb SD card after formatting it and I get the same thing. So pissed right now
Are you on the latest firmware? If not, then you need to find the list of approved 4GB SD cards.

If you can't figure it out then contact me and I will take care of it for you.

mirsurugI I have been emailing and trying to get up with you are you getting my messages ? I do need to Sen the board to you

I think so. Let me check my mails. Busy as shit here in my restaurants lately.

We need to solve your lack of sleep.... please close 1 restaurant :)

I paid 185k for this one 8 years ago. 200k is a deal. Already staffed. We own eastern NC so no advertising needed. You would need to work though. A restaurant owner that doesn't work will go broke.

Back