What's new

milo

Beginner
Reaction score
This post is kind of inspired by opt2not's Aero City restore post. I figured I'd show off my Aero City project that I had worked on over the last year.

I picked up this Aero City last December in SoCal. It was empty, save for the power supply and wiring (and an official owner's manual I found tucked away inside it!) and I wanted to do something unconventional with it so I rigged a Sega Saturn into the thing. I always felt Sega Saturn games shared a lot of DNA with arcade games. There's a lot of arcade ports for the system, but even the exclusives have a very arcade feel, so the console feels right at home in a Sega Cabinet.

Here's how it was when I picked it up, vs the finished project.

20191202_221253.jpg
wXUOgjK.jpg
Zg3MQ7f.jpg

All in all, this was such a fun project. I had to get real inventive to fit everything I wanted to nice and snug inside the cabinet and I learned a lot doing it.

Check out the full progress album here.

The Aero City brotherhood is growing!

Very nice job on this one. I was just playing a bunch of Saturn on my Aero last night, the arcade ports are fantastic!

Will the Aero City accomodate a 27" viewable screen?

Likely not. I did a ton of research on this and the consensus is that it won't work unless you're willing to make some major modifications to how monitors fit in the cab.

Back