What's new

reclaimer

Professional
Reaction score
I just recently found this Sega I/o and noticed something… the Jamma edge has the fingers on either side of the key slot bridged together.

Aren’t these 12v and the coin counters?

Anyone know why this would be the case? I was planning on cutting that shit off and cleaning it up. Thanks!

2EE9F344-E133-43ED-AD99-2D3B2143F8F4.jpeg
C0253801-AACE-4531-85D4-1EB3EABC9AA9.jpeg

Yeah... that's the coin counter 2 and +12v. Weird.
1662043075173.png

Maybe they were being wacky and running the coin counter lines to a light or something instead? Pure sabotage? ;)

Anyway, glad I noticed it in there - not something you expect to see.

(Maybe I should put up a poll for people to guess who I bought this from lol)

Some NAOMI games like Shikigami No Shiro 2 won't boot without coin counters, but I thought the correct 'fix' was a pull-up resistor to 5V, not a straight bridge to 12.

Some NAOMI games like Shikigami No Shiro 2 won't boot without coin counters, but I thought the correct 'fix' was a pull-up resistor to 5V, not a straight bridge to 12.
AH. That seems like a more likely case. I would still describe that as "wacky" :)

I think a lot of the coin counters in question are 12v. Still not sure that would 'fake' out the Naomi. But it might have been the intent.

Back