What's new

NeoField

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, I was lucky to find a Naneo tri sync monitor. A little screen burn but not bad. I know it’s VGA and I know about the Jammifier but what about Sega model 2 games?

Any idea how would I connect this? Thank you!

I believe you can make an adapter that goes from a 5-pin JST NH connector (I have no knowledge of the pinout for original Model 2) and then just wire that to a DSUB-15 breakout or connector with R, G, B, Sync and GND. I've got a Nanao FlexScan 8060S (super old, from the late '80s) that works fine like this on my Model 3s using the 5-pin header. Unfortunately there are some bars even after adjusting the pots below the monitor to my liking, but I bet there's a pot inside the chassis that can tweak it even further.

I've been wanting to make a compact House of the Dead 1 setup and try playing it with the Master System Light Phaser (it's just a DB9 connection with +5V, GND, Trigger, and Sensor), but the boardset is expensive and super high in demand right now. My Gun I/O is also giving a fit where the video's a squiggly mess (in Virtua Cop 2 Model 2A ROM Board).

Which model? Take a pic if you're not sure.
33B062C2-002C-4068-9455-E766D5ED3E67.jpeg

Attachments

• E283C70E-F39D-4D56-9572-24B457FD8CF0.jpeg
    E283C70E-F39D-4D56-9572-24B457FD8CF0.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 73
Oh right, this is the monitor from the 18 Wheeler.

It has the 15-pin AMP UP connector, so connecting is easy.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/18-wheeler-monitor-is-it-31khz.21528/#post-329943
That’s awesome news! It def has some screen burn but worth the $400 imo. I basically have a House of the Dead 1 machine and Net city on the way. Happy to have a spare monitor in case one goes out. Thank you so much Nem! Random other question. When the Net City arrives, what’s the best chemical to clean just about everything. It will probably be in gross shape lol

Krud kutter if it’s coated in nicotine, which it probably will be. Then simple green to remove the Krud kutter residue!

Back