What's new

prefabpeti

Student
Reaction score
20230406_135646.jpg

Arrived today - needs a motherboard and screen - but otherwise feeling very pleased! I had little or no details, but it turns out its still got the step down, psu, audio amplifier, coin mechanism and IO board!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good LCD to consider? Obviously will need some custom mounting and bezel.

It depends on the games you want to play. 4:3 games and you want to use a pc / mame? go with the LG 28MQ780. It works with the original bezel quiet well.
If you want to play modern games or original pcbs (anything that is not pc based and supports a resolution of 2560 x 2880): remove the old bezel and get any 27 inch monitor, decase it and use plexi to fill up the gaps.
I followed the idea of this old blog a few years ago: https://newastrocity.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/sega-net-city-hd-part-iii/

Last edited:
20230406_135646.jpg

Arrived today - needs a motherboard and screen - but otherwise feeling very pleased! I had little or no details, but it turns out its still got the step down, psu, audio amplifier, coin mechanism and IO board!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good LCD to consider? Obviously will need some custom mounting and bezel.
Why yes. I would highly recommend the Darksoft multi LCD selector....

Capture.png

It's compatible with CPS-1, CPS-2 and F3 Multis...

That being said look for either a 27" 31khz curved CRT for stock or you can use a Makvision tri sync or even better Toshiba Tri sync PF. You will have to change the bezel if you go with a flatscreen CRT.

Awesome suggestions, thanks guys. I'm still figuring out what works. Looks like the step down, psu and audio amp are working!

Back