What's new

carvd

Beginner
Reaction score
So I finished up a wiring both CN6 and CN7 tonight, and pretty much consolizing the rest of the unit, fitting the I/O board inside and all that. Will post some pics tomorrow, but after about 5 minutes of game play testing out both ports ect, with 2 joysticks plugged in. CN6 stopped working completely. CN7 still works fine, but CN6 isn't. I hear the beep from memory card, tested and I have 5 volts going to it, however it will not display the MVC2 logo on memory card. I tested with the ports I added to the case itself, as well as a small adapter I made directly to the front and still no go. Just the initial beep when I plug in the joystick. So does anyone have a schematic or an idea of where to start for this issue?

Any help is appreciated!

Have a good night

Tommy

Updating my own findings, somehow both ports are working again, but I noticed that after maybe 5-10 minutes. Player one controls would start skipping inputs, so I tried removing the VMU's from both joysticks. Retested after about 10 minutes everything still working great. Pulled my DMM out and noticed that one port had 5volts the other down to 1.9volts. Checked power supply voltage going in and all tested good. So something is pulling down the voltage on one of the ports after about 5 minutes of playtime, but only on one port. Will do more testing and post updates. If anyone has experienced this before feel free to chime in. :D

Tommy

Welp turns out that I learned something new today, the naomi inside casing is conductive, after I fixed that issue the controllers both work great. So for anyone doing a consolization to a naomi, and putting anything on the inside, I/O board, PSU, etc, be careful and do something to nulify the conductivity of the area your putting stuff into.

Tommy

Back