What's new

WigglesWorth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably asked thousands of times but the few google searches I have done came up with dead links

My naomi is load as hell and I’d love to replace the fans both if possible (I have 2 Naomi motherboards)

Also while I am at it I have a sega blast power supply fan I’d like to replace as well as a Cps2 mother board

Did a eBay search and got this doing a search for Naomi fan replacement https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Nidec-1...979212?hash=item25e1511c4c:g:rWUAAOSwuk1Z0Y0U

Anything better? Any help would be appreciated thank you

Any 12V fan that's 60x60x15mm in size will do, 2-pin or 3-pin.

If it's 3-pin, you just leave the tacho one aside, you only need black (ground) and red (12v).

The 5v noctua fan does not work. I tried two separate ones with no luck.

The company must have changed their programming.

I think you have to switch two wires for the noctua to work. Will not work out of the box.

Done that also with no luck.

Without swapping the wires, the fan won't run at all.

With the wires swapped, the fan runs but the system won't load.

The Naomi requires a specific pulse from the GPU fan, otherwise it won't boot. There is no known replacement besides the OE as far as I know (but that was a few years ago). I'd love a confirmed replacement. Anyone?

I'm pretty sure the 5v Noctua with 3 pins worked for me in my Naomi 2. Replaced both fans and used the Gelid 60mm silent for the case.

yes, the Noctua will work as a GPU replacement fan as long as it is the 5V version with the tach signal. I replaced the fans in both Naomi 1 & 2 with those.
@Baknamy_warri0r: does the system boot with the original fan in place?

Yes it boots with the original fan in place.

I want to change it to make it more silent and eventually it will need replacing.

I'm running a Naomi 1 btw.

yes, the Noctua will work as a GPU replacement fan as long as it is the 5V version with the tach signal. I replaced the fans in both Naomi 1 & 2 with those.
@Baknamy_warri0r: does the system boot with the original fan in place?
Can you shows some pics please? I have a Naomi with really loud GPU FAN!

Back