What's new
Hi Guys,

I have a F355 Twin cabinet with original F355 Challenge Multiboard case it usefull to dump rom or test it.

I did not. Just reconnected the panel and the game will crash to a black screen when I try to enter the game settings. This is on the old Multi Bios.
Is there anything else I can test? The game itself seems to run fine.
That is what I get as well, I think the conversion from cart to netboot image is incorrect, since this is requires a comples setup I don't see anyone having tested this earlier.

I did not. Just reconnected the panel and the game will crash to a black screen when I try to enter the game settings. This is on the old Multi Bios.
Is there anything else I can test? The game itself seems to run fine.
That is what I get as well, I think the conversion from cart to netboot image is incorrect, since this is requires a comples setup I don't see anyone having tested this earlier.
So are you guys saying that the outtrigger rom should be marked back as "needs testing on original hardware" again? Just to confirm that this file we have is actually working properly?
@nnap has the original hardware so this ROM can be marked bad, the game will boot but you cannot enter game test from the setup menu.

@Murray

I have f355 twin rom board here and the f355 deluxe rom board

you can boot the f355 deluxe rom on a Naomi 2 and it will run @95% of the speed with normal bios

the 355 twin rom board won’t boot on any normal Naomi as you need the special bios

And then still the mobo needs a dual stack with sandwich board

so with other word we can make the f355 deluxe card netboot on a Naomi 2 but it makes no sense as the game has slowdowns

Same with f355 version 2

I also have that and that also only boots on a dual stack

the 355 version deluxe with 13842 is the only option to NetBoot

Last edited:
So just to be completely clear.

- If you boot the game and play it without entering the game test menu, the game is working correctly and doesn't crash or show faults? You can play with the correct hardware and controls?

- Or do you need to go into this menu to adjust things before you can play it, and therefore it's not at all possible to play it because you can't get into the menu? Even though the game boots fine and the demo plays, you will just never be able to properly setup the controls the way you need to because you can't get into the menu?

Sorry to be pedantic, just want to be very clear, because if it's playable, but you just can't get to that menu and don't really need to, i can mark it playable with a note about that. But if you have to get into that menu to setup control to be able to play it at all, i'll mark it as bad and note that.
I don't know how accurate the game plays because I can't get into the menu and verify that my controls are working correctly or what selections are available for that matter. Maybe it would be an idea to fire it up in Demul and see what we're missing out on ?

So here's the game test menu.

Nothing game breaking.
it depends on what you consider game breaking.

Outtrigger is designed to be a multiplayer game, so without the ability to go into test mode and configure the link options, you can't play it multiplayer.

I own 4x Original Carts for this game and I hunted them down BECAUSE the Net-Boot ROM can't go into test mode and therefor can't be linked.

There are some other games that have non-working test mode also. I think Asain Dynamite/Dynamite Deka EX is one of them.

There are some other games that have non-working test mode also. I think Asain Dynamite/Dynamite Deka EX is one of them.
Thanks for the info. Hmm, maybe I will run through a test of all roms... i'll put it on the list of things to maybe do....at some stage!
@Murray would you be so kind to share a picture from the INPUT TEST menu as well ?

I ran some tests this evening on my NAOMI2 CF setup NOT netboot.

n1-puyo_pop_fever-[GDS-0034].dat - 1511b9c2f5fd5c31bae84ed82c861785

Region: Europe, game boots I can play, enter hi-score table, exit to game setup and return to game. *working*

n1-mushi_king_of_beetles_2004-[840-0150].bin - 11e8578575395048001847b18c019a9b

Region: Japan, game boots I can play, exit to game setup and return to game. *working*

n1-mushi_king_of_beetles_2005-[840-0158].bin - a127d7858cf3f406d61c94f261c63154

Region: Japan, game boots (hold down P1 Start when booting) I can play, exit to game setup and return to game. *working*

Anyone else having difficulty downloading the "all games" iso files from the link provided? I can download and burn the iso file for the joystick only games just fine, but I get an error with 7-zip with the all games files (cannot archive...). Anyone else have this issue? Want to download and burn the all games file to a SD card and can't seem to get it to work as the joystick only worked easily. Thanks.

@Murray I tested Puyo Pop Fever with the same IO that you have and it boots perfectly here.

I don't know if you are aware but the netboot solution is a slightly "hacked" solution from SEGA to get code into their satellite terminals. When it comes to compatibility all GD-ROMs can be used on the CF-Card solution directly. Not one single GD-ROM image requires patching with the CF-Card solution.

Whereas on the netboot side several GD-ROM images require patching.

When it comes to carts both netboot and CF-Card require patches to circumvent the cart protection.

Last edited:
What bios were you using when you did the mushi king tests? Was it the multi bios? If yes, the original one, or the mathieulh updated one?

Also what IO board did you have connected?
I was using the mathieulh BIOS, set to Japan.

As for the IO board I believe I used the 837-14572. I don't believe it is IO related though, if the IO is not as expected the game usually flags an error message.

I was using the mathieulh BIOS, set to Japan.
have you tested Mushikings using netboot or only CF ?
I tested them both on my netboot setup just now, with IO 837-14572

n1-mushi_king_of_beetles_2004-[840-0150] - Shows: Now loading, then hangs hard
n1-mushi_king_of_beetles_2005-[840-0158] - After the reset, the screen remains blank

Cannot enter setup in both these conditions, only solution is to powercycle.

Back