What's new

ita123

Student
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i want to burn a multibios on to my st-v board. I have purchased a am27c400 chip but my programmer dosent support it.( I have minipro tl866cs programmer)
is there any other 40 pin chips that i can use on the st-v? Thanks.

Theoretically you could double the image onto a m27c800 and leave pins 1 and 42 out of the socket (or leave 42 out and ground pin1)

Oh man, I ran into this problem last night. Same model and everything. But I was trying to burn a G-Net modbios.

I can't help, but I feel your pain.

The chip can fit on the programmer socket. the problem is it does not shown on the vendors list in the programmer software, so i cant burn this chip.

I've got the adapter for the GX4 that allows me to program these if you're desperate. but postage outside the EU might make it dearer than one sourced locally.

I forgot 27C400 is 40 pin. Nevermind!

You can program it if you select AMD 27C4096 @DIP40 from the device list and deselect 'Check ID' in Options.

am27c400 and 27c4096 are different pinout. Mx27c4100 off the top of my head is the 27c400 equivalent that a lot of programmers support.

Reactions: nem
am27c400 and 27c4096 are different pinout.
Right, so you still need the adapter that I linked to earlier. Thanks for confirming.

I just checked the device list in the Minipro software. Unfortunately, It doesn't support the MX27C4100 either.

Back