What's new

klee123

Professional
Reaction score
Hiya all

I recently managed to get an STV cart and finally have a reason to test a STV board I bought over a year ago.

So first thing which happened is the game doesn't work with no startup screen or anything. Just a black screen, but another issue that I noticed is that the bios gets really hot to the touch. This is obviously not normal as I can start smelling something burnt.

Anyone had this issue before?

IMG_20220106_164845_resized_20220106_044909094 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Fair enough. It was like that when I received it.

Will give it another shot....

Yeah, tried it again switching the Bios the other way. Still a black screen and the bios gets REALLY hot to the touch. Think the mobo is dead or maybe I'll need to order the multi bios...

I don’t have any 27C400 handy or I would just burn one for you. I’ll check to see if I have something I can erase or even an original BIOS chip for you to test with.

Maybe @xodaraP might have one handy, he’s near you actually.

I don’t have any 27C400 handy or I would just burn one for you. I’ll check to see if I have something I can erase or even an original BIOS chip for you to test with.

Maybe @xodaraP might have one handy, he’s near you actually.
All good, I actually ordered one off ebay from a French seller, but yeah, no rush. Thanks Sheeps 👍

I think I might have a spare if you need it

If the chip was installed backwards then 5V has been sent straight into the GND pin, changing it back it will still get hot because it’s now a dead short to GND

Looks like a nice clean board

I think I might have a spare if you need it

If the chip was installed backwards then 5V has been sent straight into the GND pin, changing it back it will still get hot because it’s now a dead short to GND

Looks like a nice clean board
The seller for the multi bios has already shipped the bios to me, so I'll just wait for that to arrive. Thanks for the offer though :thumbup:

Back