What's new

lastspaceship

Student
Reaction score
I know there’s a good older thread here getting the right crt to run some of these Seibu boards, but I’m just seeing if there are any options or set ups to get them working with an lcd. I have a pretty decent 4:3 eizo flexscan 2133 monitor so seeing if I there are any options. Currently I’ve tried raiden dx and raiden fighters both don’t display. Set up is board > cbox supergun > retro tink scart > monitor. I’m no expert on sync and refresh rates but been advised elsewhere dx runs 55 hertz. Really just seeing if there is any way or whether to just get on and rotate the monitor in the NAC !! Both boards pass sound, work properly in the cab. Apologies if this is a stupid question!

A run of the mill TV with SCART will probably be a better bet than a LCD monitor that will likely have trouble with anything with such a low resolution and out of spec sync rates.
Yes, that old TV you got for £25 is more likely to work than an expensive LCD monitor -- with better picture quality and zero lag.

Reactions: nem
A run of the mill TV with SCART will probably be a better bet than a LCD monitor that will likely have trouble with anything with such a low resolution and out of spec sync rates.
Yes, that old TV you got for £25 is more likely to work than an expensive LCD monitor -- with better picture quality and zero lag.
Thanks appreciated - thats the route I went - hooked up to a scart crt works well. At the time was just exhausting the routes as the lcd is 4:3, rotates easily etc so quite wanted to test it on that. Like you say looks better on the old trinitron I got!

Back