What's new
its a long shot, but any chance for a DiY kit? just parts/components etc.

Yep, this will be offered as an option for those who want to DIY
Any idea of pricing or a place to sign up for one of those kits? Very interested now.
Pricing was in a post recently, check the last few pages. When everything is finalised I'm sure it'll be in the 1st post or in a new thread in the Sentinel subforum.

I expressed interest in this over on aussie arcade forum, can i get put on the list.

@biggestsonicfan

Following up from our conversation about the GBS-8200...

Here is the supergun connected to it, displayed on an old PC LCD screen. VGA output of supergun straight to VGA input of 8200. Threw a scanline generator into the mix as well. Audio comes from the supergun VGA hat's 3.5mm audio connector and is fed directly to the monitor, handy that this monitor has built in speakers.

Works really well.

49897753_10216383087742817_6566422984565719040_n.jpg
I have same cga to vga converter. I am planning to order scanline generator also. Is that same model which is selled at aliexpress (Model: MR - V031)? And how is it working with converter? Is it good?

Heard about this project from a friend of mine, very excited for it! Can I also be put on the list?

What kind if timeline should I expect if I went on this waiting list? Just bought my first board and am wanting to get a decent supergun as soon as possible for a tournament we're organizing in our area. :)

A long, long time. There's a wait list of over 60 people in front of you.

It takes me 3 hours just to solder one together, then there's the accessories and wiring harnesses and testing to do. I easily lose an entire day assembling, testing and configuring one complete unit, and I don't have much spare time between my job and personal life.

It takes me 3 hours just to solder one together, then there's the accessories and wiring harnesses and testing to do. I easily lose an entire day assembling, testing and configuring one complete unit, and I don't have much spare time between my job and personal life.
Honestly, 3 hours sounds about right. I can attest to these things taking time, and time to assemble them right. Wiring harnesses alone can eat up a good chunk on their own just on the crimping.

You mentioned previously getting an oven and a solder stencil made; depending on how quick you're soldering your surface-mount components this may or may not shave off some time to assemble. When I was doing some PCB assembly of one of my projects (USBemani, which was a long while ago) I ended up using a stencil, solder paste, and an electric skillet to do my reflow work to some pretty great results. I picked up a skillet on sale for about $20 USD, and that thing saved me a lot of time in the 200-or-so PCBs I assembled and sold.

Space becomes an issue with larger boards (I could fit about 12 in the skillet, I imagine for the supergun you could fit 2), but if your surface-mount stuff is taking your time it's well worth trying to find one cheap. I probably would've gone for the oven route, except converting those things can be a weekend project on their own.

Hmm. I wonder how quick I can assemble one. Maybe I'll make a video when I receive my kit. :)
Was it mentioned if the kit was just a plain board with nothing soldered, or if the surface mount components were already placed? I wouldn't mind getting everything as just a set of parts and doing all of the assembly.

Back