What's new
Mark your items as sold
Good lord...

While your intent makes sense, you have to know your audience. Now, while the seller IS an ass, he's a very reputable one and if you're in the hobby for any amount of time you'd recognize that.
Well put.
Payments through Friend & family are borderline scams nowadays, many groups or forums don't even allow it to prevent frauds. It's red flag right there and it's also against Paypal policies.
If the seller didn't want to take more pics or whatever he could have just said so, no need to insult other members.
Checks out. Going to ruin my reputation for $425USD.

What’s petty is this user’s refusal to take no for an answer and then browbeating (and the going on the verge of dare I say, bullying?) sellers when they tell him no. There are *many* instances of this behavior with this user and it should be heard to help prevent others from also being mistreated. He’s not even a buyer - he never even completed any purchase of this or other recent items (like my recent sale)!
Oi jeeze, was that the reason for this:
Update; I’m pulling this listing due to some f*cking drama from one user. Not worth my time to deal with…I’ll just hold onto it.

Either way, as others have said, happy to vouch for atrac17, his reputation in arcade preservation speaks for itself, and the board is a very fair price. GLWS!

Payments through Friend & family are borderline scams nowadays, many groups or forums don't even allow it to prevent frauds. It's red flag right there and it's also against Paypal policies.
If the seller didn't want to take more pics or whatever he could have just said so, no need to insult other members.
Again, there is a guy who has been around for a few years....
<====

Laying it down for you, but you're not picking it up. I just did $1k F&F to two different countries. It's not a scam if the person you're buying from has a good reputation, although it is a risk.

You're new here and I understand you, but I'm old here (and in real life) yet I think you don't understand me. @atrac17's tolerance for BS is pretty low. He's almost like our new curmudgeon now that our old one was banned.

Buy or don't buy based on the sellers rules. As long as they are not breaking the forum rules that's what it comes down to. Check them out if you like!

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/rules-for-using-the-arcade-projects-sales-forums.2/

As for his reputation, man, this is a hobby not limited to this one (although great) forum. Arcade collecting is bigger than here, but not that big. He's pretty well known, try Googling his screen name.

Last edited:
he does alot of developer work for PCB preservation. not sure why it would be difficult to google his name.
Or ... pay attention to the multiple members here in good standing who have already vouched for him.

If he said it works I believe him. If you're super precious about used arcade boards from the 90s then maybe this isn't really the right hobby for you.

What reputation? you only been here for a few years, did 80 posts and sold 1-2 other items.
This is the only place that exists for arcade collecting. You've been here years! Known by all. You're right, I've never done a single thing for preservation or sold anything elsewhere. Never gone out of my way to help anyone. I'm actually not an ass, just zero tolerance for bullshit. That's all I've ever experienced here. Which is why my post and sales count is low.

Buyer beware! For some unknown reason I've made 80+ posts and have double the reaction score! Several known community members (who contribute) are vouching for me? Has to be a scam. Has to be. Has to be a scam. Period.

he does alot of developer work for PCB preservation. not sure why it would be difficult to google his name.

Like reverse engineering the custom on Jaleco Mega System 1 w/ my counterpart? Hachoo! for instance is missing a text layer controlled by the MCU. This "bug" is present in mame and the MMS1 multi (not @Hammy's fault, the MMS1 is designed off of available information and a nice piece of kit).

Good lord...

While your intent makes sense, you have to know your audience. Now, while the seller IS an ass, he's a very reputable one and if you're in the hobby for any amount of time you'd recognize that.
Oi jeeze, was that the reason for this:

Either way, as others have said, happy to vouch for atrac17, his reputation in arcade preservation speaks for itself, and the board is a very fair price. GLWS!
That would be the easiest "no thanks, I'll sell to someone else" message if I got that. 😂

Can confirm. There is no reason to treat them like some kind of scammer.

Thanks to all who said something supporting. Wanted to recoup some money for the Plus Alpha PCB I purchased to RE the MCU properly so Hachoo!, Plus Alpha, and other Jaleco titles are preserved properly. There's always an individual who can't help themselves and I wasn't in the mood to play the P R O O F O F L I F E game over a fairly priced sought after Konami title.

Literally just sold a one photo Jaguar bundle for a g-note... Buyer is extremely happy.

Exhibit A
Exhibit B

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2023-07-04-15h14m39s453.png
    vlcsnap-2023-07-04-15h14m39s453.png
    646.7 KB · Views: 48
Like reverse engineering the custom on Jaleco Mega System 1 w/ my counterpart? Hachoo! for instance is missing a text layer controlled by the MCU. This "bug" is present in mame and the MMS1 multi (not @Hammy's fault, the MMS1 is designed off of available information and a nice piece of kit).
Nobody has noticed this for years, Was a good find!
Without a original to check the RAM / ROM overlay for the MCU does nobody would of known!

I have kinda fixed it here but i'll wait for the real fix from you (magic number(s) in ram/rom space at a guess)

Edit: I've read the PMs (shared with me, we don't read private messages) on both sides of this situation. I can understand why the seller would be upset as some unnecessary things were said to him. However I still wish it hadn't spilled over into public.

Last edited:
Edit: I've read the PMs on both sides of this situation. I can understand why the seller would be upset as some unnecessary things were said to him. However I still wish it hadn't spilled over into public.
Well said. Now let's go back on track. We don't like to see any drama here. If a seller doesnt want to provide so much information just say it and call it a day. Accepting payments as F&F is very risky unless it's from someone that you REALLY trust. I would avoid it if possible.

Back