What's new

colinmac

Student
Reaction score
097866BD-A37C-4FB0-B5DE-ED0907DD2F64.jpg

This is my little shed arcade - I finished it last autumn, and having moved the cabs in and done a little cab-tetris, I've done very little other than cycle PCB's and a Mame PC every now and then.

Nearest E2 - DDP Doj PGM or DDP2 PGM
Middle E2 - EspGaluda PCB
Sitdown Naomi - Mame PC
Standup Naomi - X2 with an SSD - shortly to be replaced by Nico's fine work

I had a Ridge Racer standup too - but sold it as it was too noisy. Kind regret that now.
I have a unit with a buncha older Jamma titles

I'm pretty crap at all the Cave stuff but I do love it - run a few tokens through most evenings...

Soon, I'll convert the stand up Naomi to a sit-down - bought some leg inners, in preparation.

Arcade games. I loves it. :love:

Thanks - I'm kinda done with the build and the cabs are all in pretty good working order.

It leaves me to concentrate on the content and actually play the games !! :)

I bought EspGaluda like a year ago and still can't beat third level boss lol !

Thanks - I'm kinda done with the build and the cabs are all in pretty good working order.

It leaves me to concentrate on the content and actually play the games !! :)

I bought EspGaluda like a year ago and still can't beat third level boss lol !
Looks good man!

I'm stuck on the damn final boss on Galuda :-/

Heh I never play more than one credit - and no continues - but of course that just means that later levels are rock hard as I'm not well versed !

I've never even studied play throughs !

Good luck with your mission.

Thanks, the guides on the shmups forum are pretty helpful. Are you making sure to get the hidden extra life before the stage 3 boss?

... Runs off to investigate the hidden 1up he didn't know about....

:S

Your setup looks incredible. Is this in an actual shed? Or what is this exactly?

It is a big shed - a sort of timber 12 x 8 workshop - which I then had kingspan insulated, then plastered.

Proper electrics fitted mid build too.

I've got a few in progress pics I can probably put somewhere.

It was a big place but shrunk a bit as we insulated and floored - but the ultimate goal was to get a room that I could put the machines in safely.

Even in the harsh scottish winter, it's toasty - shows just how draughty and cold a house can be in comparison !

Some random pics of it as it came on from a shed here :

Facebook gallery

Last edited:
It is a little - thermostatic small electric fan is sufficient to keep it at nice levels.

Only in the coldest weather does it run though - the shed is mostly cosy enough without it.

In fact - running the machines is a much better way to generate heat !

Nice! I love those shmup cabs... I start to get sick of fighters (that's why I "tated" my cab monitor as well) :)

Nice! I love those shmup cabs... I start to get sick of fighters (that's why I "tated" my cab monitor as well) :)
I actually had exactly the same. As soon as the first cab arrived I craved for something else. I never cared much for shmups but the more I play them the more I can appreciate them. A good combination of eye candy and sound effects and music.

Back