What's new

Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps an unusual request, but here it goes:

I recently bought a Σ3TB joystick (https://w.atwiki.jp/sigma-denshi/sp/pages/33.html) for use with the Sigma Σ1AV supergun. It is an amazing joystick (good size, feel, and sturdy build quality).

I would like to buy another to use for a Neo Geo JNX CMVS, which has the standard DB15 controller port, but the Σ3TB uses a proprietary 13-pin DIN (https://w.atwiki.jp/sigma-denshi/sp/pages/14.html#13PIN 新型).

Does anyone know of an adaptor to go from this 13-pin DIN to the Neo Geo, or somewhere/someone who makes such things?

I'm also interested to know how popular the Sigma sticks are amongst this forum too as they are very good in my opinion.

Thanks

Anyone? I thought these sticks would get more attention as they are very nice to use. An adapter like this would open the market up for them to be used wider.

@xb74 something you’d be interested in ^

@xb74 something you’d be interested in ^
Thanks man, yep very interested.

Great stick, it deserves way more love than what it gets perhaps due to being a japan only product and the unusual connector.

The Axunworks C-Box accepts these sticks natively.

Thanks @djsheep / @xb74 - I have searched high and low (in Japan and elsewhere) but not come up with any premade one for sale. From what I can deduce it would just need a female 13 pin din wired to the neo geo male Db15 plug and then the cable Sigma sells could just plug into this adapter. Alternative is a full length cable straight from the stick to the neo geo. The pin out looks bespoke but just a matter of reordering the wires. I toyed with the idea of soldering a 13 pin din but given I almost destroyed a CPS2 board at the weekend with my soldering iron I stepped back from that idea rapidly :). I did, however, buy another Sigma stick in anticipation of destroying the first one with my woeful DIY skills (a nice excuse) :)

Open it up and have a look inside, if they just use push on cable shoe connectors. Then get a NeoGeo extension cable and make a new cable directly to the buttons.

Back