What's new

digitron

Grand Master
Reaction score
Going through my newly acquired Sigma Raijin, what a cool Supergun. Happy to see these old Matsushita switches in the old LS-32's, cleaned them up, ready to roll.
ECWDIa9l.jpg

OA2cuAcl.jpg

4loi2c8l.jpg

I tried to find a manual but its in Japanese not sure if anyone has an English-translated manual anywhere? I was getting ready to put a Meanwell 110-120v AC PSU in it but whoever owned this before already beat me to it, no stepdown needed. :)

Last edited:
Glad you're finally sorted @digitron -- I really like the design of the Sigma. Reminds me of some random electronics you would see in OG Chinese supermarkets back in the day...

Glad you're finally sorted @digitron -- I really like the design of the Sigma. Reminds me of some random electronics you would see in OG Chinese supermarkets back in the day...
Haha, yea, it's super comfortable to play on and actually fits nicely on the side of my desk. I was worried it would take up too much room.. The video out on this thing is great. If you hate yourself as much as I do, go solder up some 8 pin din connectors, what a horrible connector it was used back in the day, lol.

If anyone decides to make their own scart cable to use with Sigma Raijin, connecting to an OSSC or RT5X, I used 330ohm resistors on the RGB lines and a 470ohm resistor on sync. Works prefectly, thanks @twistedsymphony & @RGB for the help. :)
I will try to build it myself...

So 3 x 330ohm resistors (for R,G and B) and 1 x 470ohm for sync ?

Last edited:
Haha, yea, it's super comfortable to play on and actually fits nicely on the side of my desk. I was worried it would take up too much room.. The video out on this thing is great. If you hate yourself as much as I do, go solder up some 8 pin din connectors, what a horrible connector it was used back in the day, lol.
Oh man... please get help! There are therapists and https://retro-access.com/products/u...ord-cable-tv-lead?_pos=1&_sid=d016c804a&_ss=r for this kind of self-hatred :D

And if i wanna go to my PVM or regular CRT TV?
I believe the 5v line is only used on scart-TV's to tell the TV to switch to RGB mode. But I'm not familiar with that and have only connected scart to a scaler myself. I don't want to damage your equipment. Someone else here can give you more clarity on that.

Do you also have to crank up your brightness to the max? Is that normal?

Is there any reason why you used resistors in the RGB cable?
My tech guy did take a look at the main PCB and said there are some on it.

Sorry for all these questions but it looks like there are only a handfull Raijin users left :)
PS Problem with the RGB cable solved, picure quality is insane <3

Last edited:
Do you also have to crank up your brightness to the max? Is that normal?

Is there any reason why you used resistors in the RGB cable?
My tech guy did take a look at the main PCB and said there are some on it.

Sorry for all these questions but it looks like there are only a handfull Raijin users left :)
PS Problem with the RGB cable solved, picure quality is insane <3
You can try a lower resistance to increase the brightness, eg. 220 ohms on the RGB lines, since every display is different, its somewhat trial and error. As long as you're getting a good signal you can dial brightness in on your display.

Did try it even without resistors and the image was relative dark on mid setting with MVS...
Will test more tomorrow :)

Update; Tested most of my games so far and they all run fine aside from Turtles (OG Konami);
This game has some strange scrolling, almost a pulsating screen.

Back