What's new
Going to steal this thread for a sec because I have a few questions and I don’t think it’s worth starting an entire new thread. I bought a Sigma Raijin from Japan back in 2021 and I never got around to using it because I got really busy. But now I finally have the time to start getting back into arcades. I even bought Randy Fromm’s arcade books so I can learn more and actually help give other people advice rather than me just asking for help.

1. I live in the US, should I use a step down converter when using this?

2. Where do I use my multi meter for testing the voltage on the fingerboard? I bought an in-line volt meter for it but I haven’t installed it yet.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• F7402D49-0D25-4203-B6CC-4E74EB3EE3EC.jpeg
    F7402D49-0D25-4203-B6CC-4E74EB3EE3EC.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 47
1. no, not needed

sigma_raijin.png

EDIT: also, if you want to install a volt meter, you would want it on the edge connector end.

1. no, not needed

sigma_raijin.png

EDIT: also, if you want to install a volt meter, you would want it on the edge connector end.
Thank you very much. I used my multi meter and it was showing 5.3 volts. Is that safe for a cps1 or CPS2 board? I know they are supposed to be 5 volts but is 5.3 too much? That brings me to a couple other questions.

1. Is there any way to adjust the voltage on these units?

2. What is the fuse knob on that back of the unit for? When I turn it I don’t see a change in voltage.

Thanks again!

I don't own Raijin but I believe there's a switching power supply unit in the box so you should be able to adjust 5v

Looks like it's the hole with label 5V-AJ shown on 1st page of this thread. You can use screwdriver to adjust it.

Looks like it's the hole with label 5V-AJ shown on 1st page of this thread. You can use screwdriver to adjust it.
Yep, I just found that a second ago. Thanks! I’m going to try and translate the manual too. Should I try and lower the voltage a little or is 5.3 ok.

I didn't know you already have the printed manual :).
The manufacturer actually suggested not to adjust it but I adjusted my sigma 1av supergun to 5.05v. I noticed the 12v on mine increased to 13v or more when I lowered the 5v.

I didn't know you already have the printed manual :).
The manufacturer actually suggested not to adjust it but I adjusted my sigma 1av supergun to 5.05v. I noticed the 12v on mine increased to 13v or more when I lowered the 5v.
I just adjusted mine. It’s saying its 5.052v now. Do you think I’m safe to hook one of my boards up to it now? Or is there anything else I should check for extra caution? I have a half working street fighter hf board I’m going to test first to make sure but I want to take as much caution as I can because I plan to play my original MegaMan 2 the power fighters on this and I want to make sure it’s safe.

I would try on cheap working jamma game pcb first.
Also I should mention that the 12 V went down to around 10 V when I made the adjustment. should I still keep it at 5.052 V? Or should I just adjust it back to 5.3

I think it's ok if it's low than high. You probably need to recap the psu or replace it.
Anyone has another opinion on this?

Usually you want to keep you 5v below 5.2. The 12v is typically used for audio amps. Focus on the 5v.
I have one of these and it’s great. I also wired a “Test” button on the harness since there wasn’t one on the SG.
I have a JNX adapter which has the inline voltmeter, something to look for?

Update: I kept the voltage at 5.040 volts and plugged my street fighter in. When I turned it on the screen was black for a second and then it started working! As you can see this street fighter has a pretty bad error but I’ve had it plugged in for about five minutes and it seems to be working fine, sound and everything. I’m not sure if the screen was black at the start because of the error or because it just took a second to get started but do you think I’m safe to plug my CPS2 stuff in?

Attachments

• F98FDC10-E0A3-4046-9DD5-5E4A4B791AE8.jpeg
    F98FDC10-E0A3-4046-9DD5-5E4A4B791AE8.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 48
  • BCBA50AF-96B1-4F19-B2B5-075DE2D8784D.jpeg
    BCBA50AF-96B1-4F19-B2B5-075DE2D8784D.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 48
  • CD1C68F8-9419-47EC-AEAC-D4FCA12073B5.jpeg
    CD1C68F8-9419-47EC-AEAC-D4FCA12073B5.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 45
Update: I plugged in my CPS2 boards and they work great. One thing I noticed though is whenever there is a lot of action on the screen, transparent lines show horizontally on the screen. Is this because the voltage needs increased slightly for the CPS2? This did not happen with the CPS1 boards. I had the voltage at 5.040v for both the CPS1 and CPS2 boards.

Attachments

• DB16D408-8626-49E6-BC1E-C4C2F1329658.jpeg
    DB16D408-8626-49E6-BC1E-C4C2F1329658.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 45
  • CD8767A8-8F66-4BBF-9FAD-DA57859A93F5.jpeg
    CD8767A8-8F66-4BBF-9FAD-DA57859A93F5.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 45
  • D5342E16-70BE-4D61-A385-C9BC8BE0974E.jpeg
    D5342E16-70BE-4D61-A385-C9BC8BE0974E.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 41
Get your voltage between 5.0 - 5.1v for cps-2 and check the a/b boards are making good contact. Push down on the boards to see if it makes the lines go away.

Get your voltage between 5.0 - 5.1v for cps-2 and check the a/b boards are making good contact. Push down on the boards to see if it makes the lines go away.
Thank you. I just packed up everything for now, I will check it tomorrow. I tested 3 board sets: a cyberbots JP and a Rockman 2 on the same Japanese A board and they both showed the same thing. Then I tested my MegaMan 2 on a US A board and it showed the same thing too. I also pushed down on them to make sure before I turned them on but I will try again tomorrow. The title screens showed no lines but as soon as a lot of action happened the lines appeared and then went away as soon as the action stopped.

Given it’s happening on multiple boards and your voltages are correct it’s definitely something to do with your Supergun.

Can you dial down the contrast at all?

Could possibly an issue with the actual power supply, video cable or even the video encoder.

If your pockets can afford it, grab a HAS next time they’re up for pre-order :)

Given it’s happening on multiple boards and your voltages are correct it’s definitely something to do with your Supergun.

Can you dial down the contrast at all?

Could possibly an issue with the actual power supply, video cable or even the video encoder.

If your pockets can afford it, grab a HAS next time they’re up for pre-order :)
I’m not sure how to dial down the contrast. Maybe one day I’ll pick up a HAS but I just bought this and I would like to use it. They are pretty cool superguns. I find it strange though that the lines don’t appear on the CPS1 boards, they play fine but just on the CPS2 boards those lines appear.

Back