What's new

atiya

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to collecting arcades, i purchased a silent hill arcade cabinet but upon booting it up i it boots up windows xp and then when the konami logo comes up i get this error message:-

I am not sure what this means but upon checking the manual i found online it said its something about the IO Board but i checked all the wires and made sure they are plugged in and there isnt anything loose, but i didnt find anything.

Im not that good with arcades as im new to this, but i took photos of all the areas connected to the cabinet below if you guys might notice anything.

I would appreciate any help i can get, also i attached a video of the taito type x which has a loud noise coming from it, not sure what creates it though i thought it was probably the hard drive but i got a new hard drive and made a clone of the old one but still has a sound coming from it.

Video of the noise

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20200326_163315-min.jpg
    IMG_20200326_163315-min.jpg
    705.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

bobbydilley

Professional
Reaction score
Quite late so you've possibly already fixed this, but it says 'Button C Card Board Cannot be used'. I'm assuming this is talking about some sort of eamusement pass type card thing - can you go into the settings and turn it off?

TheDeath

Professional
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know what tube are mounted on it? I really don't want to open mine since i'm out of moving space for that monster and i have to mostly dissasemble it just in order to get behind...
i was thinking about some tube swaps but i'm afraid this will be a real challenge to find those...

Hydreigon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you also take some good pictures of the I/O board? That board could use some documentation pretty badly.

The problem is this game originally released using optical guns on a rear projection CRT in 2007. Most games were using IR guns during that time and/or non CRT monitors.

bobbydilley

Professional
Reaction score
I'd also be interested in any pictures of the game computer / the I/O board and anything else that looks interesting.

I think it resembles a Taito Type X1 but it's not quite the same right?