What's new
Want To Buy
I’ve always wanted a Japanese mini cabinet. There was a free project cab on KLOV a couple of years back.

Thank you @GeekMan1222 I am fione with either a pony - pony 3 smaller version I think it is a 18" monitor or a dino king as there seems already be specs for control panels and art out in the wild. I have seen other kids medal games, but most look to have too small of space for a decent joystick and button setup. Let me know what you can find and again thank you all.

P.S. if you can find me a Sega City dont tell @o1s1n
Dino King and the variants (Love Berry and the green one) have 13" viewable monitors not 17" viewable (18" face diagonal) monitors like the Pony 18 or City. I also do not believe that the monitor's tate in those cabs without some new fabrication to be made. I believe some one has done a write-up on that process here.

I agree @o1s1n, I think a pony 18 will cost as much as (probably more) than neo SC-19 and likely mini cute too.

Good repository of vintage dagashiya cabs for reference.

small astro city?
20230710_183616.jpg

Dino King and the variants (Love Berry and the green one) have 13" viewable monitors not 17" viewable (18" face diagonal) monitors like the Pony 18 or City. I also do not believe that the monitor's tate in those cabs without some new fabrication to be made. I believe some one has done a write-up on that process here.

I agree @o1s1n, I think a pony 18 will cost as much as (probably more) than neo SC-19 and likely mini cute too.

Good repository of vintage dagashiya cabs for reference.
Yeah I got some users working on something for me, and yeah the dagashiya cabs were the ones I was super interested in. But since they were so old and made of MDF most are either museum peices or totally trashed and not for sale.

Also you might consider an Atari Centipede cabaret and a cabinet to JAMMA adapter. It has a 19" vertical monitor and you can get a repro blank control panel for it which you could make into whatever layout you like.

Or there are people who CNC Atari cabaret cabinets so you could make one yourself, just get a 19" CRT monitor and a JAMMA harness. It is a thought. I have multiple candy cabs and a Centipede cabaret myself.

Oh man, it such a simple design, even simple parts, but so so nice to look at.

for as much as i've lusted after a sega city the lust after a crappy old beat up dagashiya cab is greater!

Man I didn't even know about those amuzy cabs until it was pointed out in this thread. I picked one up locally lol. Burn-in is pretty bad but I can deal, I might replace the monitor and see if I can convert it to a JAMMA cab. It's next to a Mini Cute repro cab. I was thinking of getting an Arcade1UP and modding it but I think this is a better option since it uses a CRT.

IMG_3635.jpg

Man I didn't even know about those amuzy cabs until it was pointed out in this thread. I picked one up locally lol. Burn-in is pretty bad but I can deal, I might replace the monitor and see if I can convert it to a JAMMA cab. It's next to a Mini Cute repro cab. I was thinking of getting an Arcade1UP and modding it but I think this is a better option since it uses a CRT.

IMG_3635.jpg
Did you get that Amuzy from Captains? I got outbid on it by $50 LOL
I nabbed two others tho.

Yeah I got some users working on something for me, and yeah the dagashiya cabs were the ones I was super interested in. But since they were so old and made of MDF most are either museum peices or totally trashed and not for sale.
AFAIK, dagashiya cabinets were manufactuered (or subcontracted) by the bigger companies and then those cabs were bootlegged by many copycats. I think the vast majority of these cabinets (even the boots) were built using japanese "gel coat" plywood, very similar if not identical to what americans received from Nintendo in their upright Donkey Kong, DK. JR., Mario Brothers, Popeye and Punchout cabinets. See the plywood splitting here

Did you get that Amuzy from Captains? I got outbid on it by $50 LOL
I nabbed two others tho.
It was someone local on ebay, since you're in Norcal (I'm Socal) probably not the same guy.

Back