What's new

NFGx

Professional
Reaction score
I've picked up a pair of these cabs and had to learn all about how they work. Luckily, it came with an English manual so it wasn't too hard. I don't know how many of these pinouts are relevant to other SNK cabs.

I've posted them all on the GameSX wiki, and I'm nearly done with a printable PDF to go with it.

https://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arcade:snk_super_neo_29_candy_pinouts

If anyone spots any errors, or has any additions, please let me know.

Attachments

• Neo29Candy.png
    Neo29Candy.png
    127 KB · Views: 52
Wow I think I found this at the right time.
I almost started a thread regarding this power supply.

I was needing to test whether or not sufficient power was being sent to the monitor. Is it safe to say that the monitor is powered from here and if so which connector?

The monitor is powered from here, but using the standard AC power plug, same as you'd find in any Japanese or North American house.

At least, that's how I wired mine. There's no other plug on the PSU for the monitor power. If you need that port for other things, throw a power bar or other splitter in there.

Oh I see. When I power on the cabinet, the board fires up but not the monitor, so I wanted to verify it was not a psu issue. Was trying to look up the best way to test with a meter, that the 2 prong ac slot on the psu was giving sufficient power.

Since it's directly connected to the input power, and not manipulated in any way, my hunch is that your monitor is borked.

You could try another device in that socket, or jam the prongs of a multimeter in there and check, but if the board works I think the answer is known already.

Yeah thats what I was thinking but also in denial lol. My fly back was giving me issues for a while and one day the whole thing stopped. Welp, here I go. Thanks for your help! I appreciate it.

Back