What's new
Mark your items as sold
Dumb question, but is the wiring there for all the buttons? Even some of my CAVE shooters have 3 buttons.
No I don't. You can find Makvision Weyia NOS all day. That should preserve your future of monitor replacement. I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth or jump on the Weiya hate train personally.

He says Wei-ya, is that a ding?
Yes and no.

Here's the no part:

Most Egret 3s you'll come across will have the Wei-ya. Unless you manage to find the more rare early model with a Toshiba Pureflat. You're likely to pay more for that though even if you do find it. I honestly have no idea what the %s are like production wise, just that the PF models appear to be more rare, and were made first.

The yes part is:

... well, it's a Wei-ya. Nobody is going to be excited about that. How much you care is up to you. How much you want an E3 or want to try and hold out (and pay for) a PF one is up to you. You're not being scammed or anything, it's very common to have this chassis, and that cab looks super clean.

If you really want a Toshiba PF they're easier to find in other cabs. If you really want an E3 I doubt you'll see another this clean. If it's worth the price is something only you can decide though. I'm beyond being able to tell what's a fair price anymore, I think it's just about what you feel like spending.

Most likely the cab was gifted to someone at Phoenix (or, more likely, the company itself, given the property of sticker) by Taito for their work on the Phoenix BIOSes used on the Type X / X2 hardware. Really interesting stuff here.

No I don't. You can find Makvision Weyia NOS all day. That should preserve your future of monitor replacement. I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth or jump on the Weiya hate train personally.
theres more than 1 tube and chassis configuration and the dual focus ones are extremely hard to find. so depending what is in there, its either easy to find or very difficult. i went down the wei ya rabbit hole for the past few months trying to get my AWSD back up and running. trust me, wei yas arent all the same and arent all common.

theres more than 1 tube and chassis configuration and the dual focus ones are extremely hard to find. so depending what is in there, its either easy to find or very difficult. i went down the wei ya rabbit hole for the past few months trying to get my AWSD back up and running. trust me, wei yas arent all the same and arent all common.

Are the double Focus better?

I ran into 5 of them last year. I did buy them..

@XtraSmiley If I could add benefit to this sale. I would love to sell you a backup monitor as well if you decide

@tonyt76 GLWYS

Are the double Focus better?

I ran into 5 of them last year. I did buy them..

@XtraSmiley If I could add benefit to this sale. I would love to sell you a backup monitor as well if you decide

@tonyt76 GLWYS
i dont know if they are better or not. i have not yet tried my single focused monitor yet which coincidentally enough, was bought from tony. i will say the dual focus monitor i have in my awsd is a gorgeous picture, on both 15khz and 31khz.

I was discussing a purchase without the wei-ya, as I have PFX's here for that purpose...but it seems someone else managed to snag it.

Yah but there were at least 2 other interested parties that wanted the entire cab, Wei-ya and all.

Guilty as charged. If whoever got it ends up deciding to part with it down the road, send me a PM. :P

It's all good.
I'm sitting on 9 cabs... I can be patient.
:D
If I remeber right. You were trucking a trailer full of Blasts for your local community to enjoy not too long ago.

And to seller congrats too

If I remeber right. You were trucking a trailer full of Blasts for your local community to enjoy not too long ago.

And to seller congrats too

Yeah, 3 of them are here, waiting in line to clean up (already spoken for currently), a few were dispersed, and the rest went to an arcade friend, who got hit hard during Covid and had to close a location and sell most of em to stay afloat.
Seeing 15 candys in the back of a 26ft uhaul though, sure was a lovely sight.

I wish I'd had the space/time to go through em all.

Back