What's new

Casselfornia

Student
Reaction score
Hey,

recently got a "fully tested" and "working" Lindbergh Yellow from China. Of course the GPU was dead. After sourcing a replacement and installing a Multi I was happy that I could choose a game and was ready to play. Not to mention during all of this I found out I got a Lindbergh Red in a Yellow shell.

Afterwards unfortunately THIS happened (see video):

No matter what I try I always get this grey mesh. The GPU is working and tested in a Pentium 4 rig. What is going on?

That's a test pattern.

You have to wait till it loads after that. Depending on the game, it could take a while especially on a Red.

doesnt lindberg need a custom/patched bios on the graphics card?

doesnt lindberg need a custom/patched bios on the graphics card?
Yes, sort of. It needs an older bios than what the consumer cards came out with.

I’ve been playing it recently and that grey pattern shows up on all the games I load up on the multi, then it goes away after a minute or more. And I have a true Yellow. I think the Red might be slower? Just wait and see when it loads passed that screen.

Attachments

• EFC96DE6-B50C-479B-9A20-0ADA74EB01B3.jpeg
    EFC96DE6-B50C-479B-9A20-0ADA74EB01B3.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 7A6F0863-0ACD-44C5-947E-FE8F5089396C.jpeg
    7A6F0863-0ACD-44C5-947E-FE8F5089396C.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 57660A95-D3FB-4D27-B1CE-B8D3CCC6B430.jpeg
    57660A95-D3FB-4D27-B1CE-B8D3CCC6B430.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 3D813F1E-F7FD-4ED9-BCA8-F85F21BC3730.jpeg
    3D813F1E-F7FD-4ED9-BCA8-F85F21BC3730.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 136
I read that when you use marcos multi also consumer cards are supported. Gonna check if it goes away. Just tested, doesn't go away. I believe there's something seriously wrong with the board. If anyone is willing to sell theirs and try to repair mine they are welcome to send me a pm. :)

BTW: When I run VF 5 the Info appears on the side down left but the screen stays black otherwise.

Last edited:
Holy Mother... I just tried booting only Lindbergh Red games with connected JVS I/O and it works. Any Advice how I can turn this thing into a real yellow one? I assume I have to replace the CPU with a Pentium.

what cpu do you have?
i thought red was better than yellow??

I have the 2.8 Celeron. That's why it won't run yellow games. Nope. Yellow is above red and red ex. Thing is: noone in the whole www mentions that. It's really hard to gather Lindbergh information aside from the obvious stuff. p4 cpu is ordered. Wish me luck ;)

you may need to update the bios - it will still work but could bitch about not recognising the cpu.

Any suggestions where to get the bios and how to update if the P4 isnt recognised? Drop me a pm mate

The games have a hardware requirement in them. Therefore a yellow game will not run on a red. And the GPU needs a special BIOS.

qualcuno al pic zero per multi 9.6 lindbergh come file da scrivere te ne sarei grato

Okay. The P4 arrived and it worked! For some dumb Reason I started VF5R and it froze. After that I turned it off and prepared it to move into my Naomi. After a few days when I booted it up it just hangs at the now loading screen.

Solved. Don't connect an unpowered I/O Board or the system hangs.

Last edited:
> Don't connect an unpowered I/O Board or the system hangs.

If anyone is technically interested, the Lindbergh knows a JVS IO is connected by the IO pulling the 5V of the sense line down to 2.5V. It is probably that an unpowered IO board does this by default, and so the Lindbergh detects an IO is present and constantly tries to talk to it and sits there in a loop expecting a reply but not getting anything.

Back