What's new

mackenzie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone help me! I
did the sonic fighters conversion on top of a vistua strike!
the game runs with the graphics ok.
but all written characters appear inverted. can anyone help me?

Woah, as a Sonic the Fighters researcher, I will investigate this. There is a lot going on to draw the that layer, but to see it rotated 180 degrees is insane!

EDIT: Can you give us a photo of the Test Menu's Memory Test and TGP Test results?

EDIT2: Can you verify your jumper settings on the ROM board?

Last edited:
So the burning question on my minds is are the controls as one would expect, or are they in relation to the characters?

it seems like all of the 2D graphics are rotated 180.

My suspicion is that it would be a jumper on the main board stack.

Alternatively I'd recommend going into test mode and doing a full reset... also possible some settings from the previous game are being interpreted strangely by this game.

it seems like all of the 2D graphics are rotated 180.
Originally, I thought it was just the 2d frontend, the one that draws text and the HUD that did the 180, but when the Sonic the Fighters logo appears and the "star sky" falls "down", that is not a part of that layer. Seeing the star graphics rotate upward is throwing me for a loop.

However, if you look in the scene with Sonic and Tails on the plane over water, the cloud textures are rightside up (then again, these are actual polygons with textures on them, much like Sonic's eye having the white oval in the black oval at the top).

It's hard to diganose with what little information we have here.

Very sad we never heard back on this. I never did figure out at the code level what could be going on here...

Weird thought but is there a monitor flip dip on the mobo?

Also curious if this happens with other games or just this one.

This poor sonic left to die!

D5c3WLrWAAE-BGy.jpg

I have an original sonic the fighters that works just fine, so my sonic is

rvgaqtj0y0b51.png

Back