What's new
is there any sample for that to check ?
Nothing official for Blast City-style dimensions. But since you repro'ed the poster, I am sure you can do something with the composites you made.

EDIT: Nevermind, it is just cosmetic.

Last edited:
Any idea if this will work on other spinner-controlled games as well, like Arkanoid?

Why not make the gears of metal, milled via CNC versus plastic which will inevitably break? CNC milling has to be several orders less expensive than having injection molds made.

Any idea if this will work on other spinner-controlled games as well, like Arkanoid?

Yes, it will work with other spinner controlled games, including Arkanoid, although adapters may be needed to get it to work with some boards. When I asked in the TH Fight Stick Discord about it, several folks said that adapters were being worked on, including one to get it to work with MiSTer.

Also, @brizzo made a spinner-to-JAMMA-joystick adapter that will toggle joystick left and right inputs when you spin the dial, which makes the spinner useful for games that don't natively support spinners such as Puzzle Bobble, Galaga, Galaxian, Space Invaders, etc.

I'm definitely interested, but I want to make sure I'll be able to install these in my cabs. The cabs I own are Taito Egret 29 and Capcom Impress. Do I need to buy a special control panel or can I just install the spinner in the place of a current joystick? I had always assumed that if a control panel supports Sanwa JLF, that one could just remove the joystick/pcb from the panel and install a spinner as an alternate control, but is this not the case?

Looking to get 2 for Arkanoid on the Taito F3. Any idea how difficult it’ll be to build an adapter?

I'm definitely interested, but I want to make sure I'll be able to install these in my cabs. The cabs I own are Taito Egret 29 and Capcom Impress. Do I need to buy a special control panel or can I just install the spinner in the place of a current joystick? I had always assumed that if a control panel supports Sanwa JLF, that one could just remove the joystick/pcb from the panel and install a spinner as an alternate control, but is this not the case?
Please give me measurements for your control panels then i can tell you it will fit or not

TrwIvJk.png

I just ordered one spinner, can't wait for this.

Thank you to everyone involved.

This forum rocks.

:thumbup:

What's the vertical height of the assembly from the bottom of the sensor and microswitch to the top plate? Trying to figure if this will fit inside the CP of a particular cab.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 82
Is it possible for you to offer an Egret II panel for this? I don't have any Sega cabs, only Egrets, and I don't want to put a Sega-shaped panel on an Egret II.

Back