What's new
He already told us he wants those panels to be exclusive to this event. Designing another panel isn't a big deal.
Why not make a new one that is even better?

If you aim to be at least so good, the output will probably be worse. Aim to be better and with some luck, you'll be....the best.

Damn, I'm gonna put that sentence in my signature :thumbup:

I will try to explain how I imagine these panels.

the black panels:
- metallic black background;
-The logos, and the clearest contours will be silver.

the clear panels:
- light silver background
-The logos and dark outlines will be solid gray.

in both, the game's logo will be in solid colors.

the 2P panels, the START button markings would be (1P 2P), (3P
4P), (5P 6P), (7P 8P)

Attachments

• 1P INVERTED START.jpg
    1P INVERTED START.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 2P REGULAR START.jpg
    2P REGULAR START.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 2PLAYERS.jpg
    2PLAYERS.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
The 3rd one down in these looks awesome especially being metallic black for the background

If the original design ever comes up for sale. I’m in.

These panel designs are solid, look very good and can stand on their own, dont get me wrong.
They dont have the same "wow" impact of the Mikado design though.

Yeah I think we need one full panel art version too. Also a set that has each seat number labeled on the panel.

These panel designs are solid, look very good and can stand on their own, dont get me wrong.
They dont have the same "wow" impact of the Mikado design though.
I spoke to @Rbtamanini and will open up pre-orders for Aussies soon with the original design and some tweaks.

Any ideas? I might remove the Tournament Battle, and try make it generic... maybe add "Candy Cab Club" branding to it... and maybe make a "Player 1" and a "Player 2" panel for dual Candy use...

Single player panels with Player 1 and Player 2 would be great for the vs city, those panels are the same as Astro, blast, net, and nnc correct?

Also re: mister… It would certainly increase the possibility of me being able to run a tournament with this, especially if the mister could interface with the cps2 comm boards. A friend and I both have darksoft cps2 and misters so we’d be all set. Maybe a pipe dream though…

Ha I’m aware that’s not a trivial request. Honestly it’s probably a task more suited for folks who are familiar with the misters architecture; The “simplest” approach would likely be to make an usb interface board to interpret the comm board and pipe it in to the rom/pipe data back from the rom to the comm board. You’d also need to add logic to the cps2 core to be aware of the usb interface board.

Another approach would be to send a comm board to the people working on the cps2 cores and convince them that it was a worthwhile time investment to add all of that to the cps2 core. You’d still need a USB to whatever-connector-the-comm-board-uses converter to get it in the network with other boards.

Also I hope you don’t interpret my interest in that potential to diminish my appreciation of the work you all have done to make this much a reality. It’s fantastic and incredibly cool that this is happening in any capacity.

Everything is possible, but I'm not the Mister expert here.

Ok guys n gals. If you are in Spain you can swing by Mikado now to play SSF2X: Tournament Battle.

But now we can announce that we will be doing an unveiling at the Texas Shodown event next week, on Friday the 22nd in Houston, Texas!!! We will have cabs set up for everyone to play on and we will LIVE STREAM portions of the event.

image-ad1908161c6fd0e3df2d330ab11bf4ee.png

It will be streaming here:

twitch.tv/texasshottakers

More info about the event are here:

https://txshowdown.com/

Last edited:
Nice I'll be tuning in to watch this for sure!

Can't wait to get my set up going.
Just to be clear, any revision Super Turbo board will work for the 4 cps2 boards to do Tournament battle??

Yeah you will reprogram or replace all of the program roms and add one more. The original game uses 7 program roms but TB uses 8.

I have a question concerning this tournament battle setup... is it possible to make it run with 2 PCBs (4 player) or is just 8 player only (4 PCBs)?

I have a question concerning this tournament battle setup... is it possible to make it run with 2 PCBs (4 player) or is just 8 player only (4 PCBs)?
You need to have 4x CPS2 (8 players) otherwise it wont work.

Back