What's new

bobbydilley

Grand Master
Reaction score
I was going to ask this question directly to @MetalliC (hope you do not mind), being the prime source of Naomi info, but thought I would make a thread for it as it may interest others.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u379358610

This is an interesting Naomi board, which appears to be a Star Horse Progress Returns Satalite board. It looks to me like a Naomi multiboard (has a space where another vga connector could go) but interestingly it says SATL on it, meaning this would be one of the boards inside the seat/SATaLite machines, and not one of the main presentation screens like in Derby Owners Club?

As well as this it seems to have an IO built into it?

I've actually started this game on my Naomi and it boots to a screen (vertical) that complains about a missing I/O. I faked a JVS IO with every possibly capability you could give it, and it still errored out, so I'm wondering if the IO connects in some different way?

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this board. Is it the same Multiboard as in F335, or is it some completely different weird thing?

Thanks for everyones help in advance!

Bobby

this box is Satellite (player) unit from Star Horse Progress Returns game, it have inside NAOMI CRX mobo, G2 I/O & ARC-NET board, and game ROM board.

NAOMI CRX supports either RS-485 or RS-232 serial ports, may be selected using Jumpers, similar to Naomi 2 (original NAOMI have only RS-485).
Star Horse Satellite units uses RS-232 to connect touch screen controller, used as main game controls input, and no JVS I/O.

full SH Progress Returns game setup should include:
- Motorola 'QUICC'-based "Main" unit
- Motorola 'QUICC'-based "Matrix" unit
- NAOMI "Big Screen Left" unit
- NAOMI "Big Screen Right" unit
- NAOMI "Sound" unit
- NAOMI "Live & Voice" unit
- several NAOMI "Satellite" player units with touch screen displays.
and ARC-NET token ring network connecting all these together.

is there other question(s) I missed ?

PS: and no, mobos used here have nothing with "multiboard" NAOMIs like F355

Last edited:
Apologies I forgot to reply to this one - thank you very much for the info, very detailed and a really interesting read!

I wonder why the filter board has a spot for a spare vga/audio connector?

Back