What's new

rizzeld

Beginner
Reaction score
so after a couple of months of waiting for replacement pins, they finally arrived, got them installed and everything, seated the board, turned it on, loaded a new game and still nothing, though instead of a red-ish color I get a black screen with grabbeld images
im honestly at my wits end with this thing

anyone got any ideas at all??

Made sure all pcbs are pushed in firmly? Interconnect pcb is pushed in all the way and facing the correct direction? MicroSD card is set up correctly? (Formatted Fat32, Only a "games" folder in the root. All game files present and in their own folder inside the 'games' folder?

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes
ive done everything
the pcb cant go down any further
If I knew I was going to have this many hassles with the whole thing I wouldn't have bought it :(

keep faith dude, there must be a solution, especially from technical guys, maybe one of them lives next-door
Did you checked the MultiCPS with different boards (cross-tests)
A board and B board !!

He's in New Zealand, same as me. As I've said previously, I'm perfectly happy to have a play with it if you want to ship it over here, I can swap bits around and at least prove if the main board is bad or something before sending it back to Darksoft.

He's in New Zealand, same as me. As I've said previously, I'm perfectly happy to have a play with it if you want to ship it over here, I can swap bits around and at least prove if the main board is bad or something before sending it back to Darksoft.
This is probably the best plan. There have been a few kits that I have received that had minor issues. Most were just not installed correctly or the B-board itself had an issue. Either way swapping parts with a working kit until we narrow down the problem is a good idea especially within the same country.

the installation is pretty easy and in my experience it just works.
Just saying "it's not working" really isn't helpful; might be a good idea to post photos of your installation or something.
did the board work before with the original ROMs... I mean a Phoenix set of course, it's not going to work with original ROMs if the battery is dead ;)

Last edited:
as ive said before on other forums, the game board worked before (was running marvel v street fighter before), ive tested it on multiple motherboards as well as testing other games on my chosen MB for the multi, all work fine, i'm sure its nothing major,but all the advice ive received in the past has been for naught.
I think i'll take you up on ya offer to look at it fluxcore, I just don't know what else I can do myself.
I'm in no way getting at either mitsu or darksoft, with all the ranting, im just frustrated as hell and had been looking forward to something like this for years, and now im just sooo close, yet so far

the first step would be to put back the roms onto the b board and re-test in case something has happened to the b board.
if it works, check *very* carefully all of the pins that are below the multigame board. they all have a leg about 2mm wide then it thins to 1mm at the very end. the 1mm wide part can very easily break off if you are not super careful when installing it.
other than that it should just work and any other kind of repair or diagnosis is beyond all but the most hardened PCB repairer.
so put the roms back and let us know....

Fluxcore, if I may ask, what is your experience level on pcb repair? I have some pointers to pass along to you if you are capable.

Fluxcore, if I may ask, what is your experience level on pcb repair? I have some pointers to pass along to you if you are capable.
I've revived two CPS2 b-boards from death via battery damage, which involved recreating the traces from the custom chips to the rombanks/misc components using kynar wire. I've fixed a few other, older, boards too, so I'm reasonably capable. Super tiny surface mount stuff might be a little tricky though, I don't have a hot air rework station.

I think i'll take you up on ya offer to look at it fluxcore, I just don't know what else I can do myself.
Happy to help, man. PM me here or standing fierce or something and we can get it rolling.

Make sure the jumpers are set correctly and I mean by using a multimeter with continuity check. Even after you "cut" them they can still be connected. I had to cut a few more than once to get them open.

Even if the jumpers were wrong there would still be some action on screen. I'm sorta leaning at this moment to a problem with the program rom pcb or the interconnect. I'll wait for Fluxcore to give the results of his testing.

Even if the jumpers were wrong there would still be some action on screen. I'm sorta leaning at this moment to a problem with the program rom pcb or the interconnect. I'll wait for Fluxcore to give the results of his testing.
Could be the interconnect, I had to really push mine to get it to seat right. Hopefully it's something Fluxcore can easily fix.

Interconnect was my first suggestion too over on arcadeotaku, but rizzeld says it's pushed as far down as it'll go...

We'be had cold solder on the program rom pcb so there could be some on the interconnect also. All through-hole parts of this kit are hand soldered. So first pinpoint which part of the kit is causing the issue and we will troubleshoot from there.

sorry guys ive been really sick over the last month an a half, and been stuck in bed, nothings changed, I haven't even looked at my cps2 since my last post, ill take you up on that offer to look at my boards flux, if you wanna pm ya address through, ill try and get the boards sent off this weekend to ya

Back