What's new

Large Kro

Beginner
Reaction score
What's up y'all ? My name is Large Kro.
I have been mostly playing video games since my childhood and had a strong love for arcade due to the so many hours we spent
with two of my best friends playing and watching many arcade classics as we were growing up.
Having been a console addict for years I remained frustrated that except for the Neo Geo wich was 100% translating the arcade feeling,
we still could not get the same feeling we had plaing those games when playing home ports of those games, assuming that they even exist.

I decided to take a step into arcade arround 2002 and got me my first little MAK supergun wich really was a cool and rather cheap box when I think about it.
I started then chasing my all time favorites like Golden Axe, Shinobi, Final Fight, Strider and discovered so many others I never knew existence or that I only saw
in my old video games magazines previous pages back then.
The last setp was trying to get a real cab when space allowed me to do it in 2006 and so I ended up with a 2X6 panel Egret 2 that I made different pacth connectors for
to switch buttons configurations between the different MVS games configs, the jamma + and and the CPS stuff with kick harness.

To set it up I kind of like most of arcade stuff, especially run and guns, beat'em all, shmups, plateform action and versus fighting games with friends.
The only kind of games I never got into is mahjong. Probably because I did not really try to to be honest.

It's been a few years I have been playing and buying less to due to life obligations and struggles like every one gets into but still I can get me some precious moments
from time to time to pop one alone or with friends and play the night away for fun or challenge, depending on the mood.
I guess even it tends to be far less present than before I will remain hooked to this thing forever.

Anyway it's really nice to see another place like that coming up. Thanks !!

Last edited:
Welcome.. I love shinobi.. It took me a while to beat that game.. Now I can finish the game drying like once or twice..

16ELj.gif

Congrats man ! The playability of this game is still untouched after all those years. I still got my routines too but I doubt that I still can pass that last level now. It was something when I first did, because of the lack of continues and the long time it took to learn the game. I was asking my parents for coins to play at the local restaurant back then. Need to go back.

Welcome! Those are some great classics you listed. Too bad some of the recent "remakes" have not improved on the originals. Final Fight on Sega CD was pretty sweet for a console port. Show some pics of your Egret 2 -- that is an awesome cab!

Thank you ! Yep, will take a few ones ASAP.
I actually had to move the cab to a small mezzanine and the fluorescent lights reflection makes
the playing a nightmare. You'll figure it out with the new pics. The kind of trick some of the worst game centers
used to make people loose quicker on pinballs.
But anyway I hope it to be fixed soon with a more ambient light on the wall behind the cab.

Here is an old one running Final Fight:

Damnn... I miss a when the cab was in my room.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard sir! Americans are always appreciative of the French.

1. Thanks mates. Sure Matt, Final Fight on Sega CD is totally on point, plus with a better sounding engine what could we ask more ? I´m not sure if Final Fight Tough (3) take a step on the original but it's sure a very good game. Too bad I did not buy it before it reach that price X/

Back