What's new
Thank you Kuze for making this happen and having all the codes unlocked. I finally tried it yesterday and it works great.

Sorry if I'm being too demanding but can you make it work on the other regions as well? Right now it only works on the USA region. If I change the file to the other regions like Japan the game boots up to USA only even if it's a Japan rom. So yes it be nice to the have this code unlocked in all the regions so you can read the original text. I like playing my games in the Japanese version. But thank you unlocking the code in the USA version.

If you can please unlocked them for the other regions?

Difference between USA and Europe is that Europe doesn't have the FBI: Winners don't use drugs ad.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 980904 EUROPE
Street Fighter Alpha 3 980904 HISPANIC
Street Fighter Zero 3 980904 ASIA
Street Fighter Zero 3 980904 JAPAN
Street Fighter Zero 3 980629 JAPAN
Glad you're enjoying it! :)

If you check post #52, I specified exactly what was changed. If you open the '03' rom for any other region in a hex editor, jump to offset 19DE and enter the byteswapped text in my quote it should work just fine with the other regions.

If you are playing on a CPS2 multi, then you would just take that modified '03' file and overwrite the first portion of your sz3.02 file with it.

I'm not sure about other revisions, but give it a shot and if it doesn't work let me know what revision/rom you're using.

Street Fighter Zero 3 is one of those games don't work properly with changed region. Mostly the game contains text and other data for just one region. When the region is switched the game will glitch.

Street Fighter Zero 3 is one of those games don't work properly with changed region. Mostly the game contains text and other data for just one region. When the region is switched the game will glitch.
Ah right on, in that case I'll take a look at the JP ROM next but no promises on the other regions / variants.

In the specific case of the SF Zero3 game stuff like characters names and all the text are the changes. So the differences between regional variations of the same revision will be on pointers, tables and the EPROM which contains all the text strings (not one of the encrypted EPROMs)

OK so I checked the other regions / revision and the same patch works fine in all cases, with a slight adjustment for the 980629 revision:

Code:
Street Fighter Alpha 3 980904 EUROPE - sfa3di - works fine. 
Street Fighter Alpha 3 980904 HISPANIC - sfa3hdi - works fine. 
Street Fighter Zero 3 980904 ASIA - sfz3adi - works fine. 
Street Fighter Zero 3 980904 JAPAN - sfz3jdi - works fine. 
Street Fighter Zero 3 980629 JAPAN - sfz3jr2dl - patch at 19DA instead, works fine.
With 980629, you just write '7C1B 0400 EE00' at 19DA instead of 19DE in your hex editor for the '03' rom.

Hello ;)

I apologize if I continue the thread closed for some time but I need help. Recently, I discovered the codes to unlock secrets in Street Fighter Alpha 3 (US980904) "version I use", I had also managed to correctly enter the code for the red home screen, the one for the secret characters but unfortunately I deleted the eeprom nullifying everything. I have tried countless times to reinsert the combination but without success. I read the whole thread and here is someone who managed to enter all the codes, so I ask if you can pass me the eeprom with everything already unlocked?

Please :saint:

Back