What's new

man1aco

Student
Reaction score
Is it mandatory to use I/O board in this game?

In the test menu, my steering wheel appears centered stating 80H, the pedals also display their normal position in the menu.

but when the game starts it doesn't respond to the steering wheel, it responds to the accelerator to go to the next screen, but it's impossible to select the car because it keeps passing them

View: https://youtu.be/vXPIPerh7Fc?si=cAJbuQHfAWqUBIbB

This steering wheel setup worked perfectly with my previous conversion, Over Rev

I play everything with this steering wheel, Outrun, Outrunners, Power Drift, Rad Móbile, Ridge Racer 2, it's standard with 5k potentiometers, this is the first game that doesn't obey the steering wheel

Dont know what was going on, but last time I did "set volume" and reforced conections it worked

No problem now !

I don't own this game but Indy 500 on the 2B. I think to also have the proper polarity for pedals in this, at least from emulation testing, you set the I/O Type to 'A' in the test menu which is for Model 2 cabinets. The default is something else iirc.
Are you using a standard, positive feedback Happ wheel on your setup?

I don't own this game but Indy 500 on the 2B. I think to also have the proper polarity for pedals in this, at least from emulation testing, you set the I/O Type to 'A' in the test menu which is for Model 2 cabinets. The default is something else iirc.
Are you using a standard, positive feedback Happ wheel on your setup?
I'm going to use the Indy 500 steering wheel as soon as I get the missing controller pcb, I already have the I/O I just need to get the motor driver PCB for the steering wheel.

currently using the original Rad Rally steering wheel and pedals, and a gear lever from an Indy 500, it's a very good set, it works for everything.

Regarding the polarity of the pedals, the game adapts itself when you calibrate it, there is no need to change the wires.

Back