What's new

klee123

Professional
Reaction score
Whilst waiting for my MS2930 chassis to be serviced, I figured I might as well do this other little project.

So I recently purchased 2 CPS2 B boards where 1 was a Rev 4 board (SFZ1) working and running on battery and the other is Rev 7 (SFZ2), but suicided with the intention to use it as a donor for the multi.

Since I much much prefer SFZ2 as a game, I figured I could swap the roms and have SFZ2 on a rev 4 board and brought back to life via an infinikey.

Had a chat with @mR_CaESaR and was advised that that I could provided that I make sure that the jumpers a replicated and the PAL chip BGS-B3D is swapped.

I initially installed the infinikey on SFZ2 whilst still running on the Rev 7 board and confirmed it works.

I then did the rom and PAL(BGS-B3D) chip swap and jumper replication and then installed the Infinikey, but it still did not work and still shows a light blue screen.

IMG_20210926_165716_resized_20210926_050448420 - Copy.jpg

Figured that I could ask any CPS2 experts here if there is anything else I am missing.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

You need to make sure you remove the solder from the jumpers that need to be open as cleanly as possible. What you are doing should work since I've done this also.

I'd shorten up the 5v wire and also provide I clearer picture for your infinikey install. I've only installed it one once on that rev board but didn't have any issues, but I also didn't try to convert it

Back