What's new

Chibizilla

Beginner
Reaction score
Simple one...of the 3 boards of the namco system 11...which one holds the game info?

Or better question...what does each of the 3 boards do?

So graphics/game/sound is on main board...the larger top square board is cpu and gfx on the smaller rectangle top board?

Yep. (Square board has some ram also fwiw)

It’s all in the mame documentation, click that link. Each pcb has an ascii layout for it too, with the chips labeled.

Any given rom for any game is also documented a bit farther down, if you’re trying to figure out a specific thing. Just look up the chip by name eg “so4verc.2j” will be at location 2J on the main board soul edge pcb https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blo...05a3df0af0b/src/mame/namco/namcos11.cpp#L1374

Last edited:
Enjoy! If you’re doing repairs the cpu board is swappable from any game to any other game. Otherwise the gfx and main board are paired, i.e. you can’t make a tekken out of a soul edge by swapping on the tekken gfx pcb.

Well from the doc...I can say I have 4 Tekken 2 boards...one Soul Edge(or I think so if the key chip is correct...and a Soul Calibur (I know it's System 12...but I can identify it now)...at this point all that I have read is pointing to replace the caps and go from there...so will post after this.

New question...I have a burnt chip on some of the boards...has no markings on it and it labeled fl13 on the pcb...any one know what it is and what it does?

Post a photo. I can’t find FL13. FL is power filter sometimes tho

20230412_221552.jpg

Fl13 does something with video...also I know that the video ground is damaged but from what I read it should not affect the gameplay.

it's just a filter you can literally bridge the pins across to bypass it, though it looks like you have some serious trace damage, not to mention on that JAMMA pin also.

check with a multi-meter and you should get continuity pin to pin across the chip, if you don't then that pin is bad...

Back