What's new

Paddy999

Beginner
Reaction score
Heya, I've been tinkering with my TTTU2 recently (it's a pair cab, running one game board which is mirrored presumably through DVI/VGA because it booted without the HDMI port in), in preparation to stick in an old PC with some titles on to swap to when I'm not in the mood for TEKKEN. So far I managed to get the second player (one without the game board in) to display my steam deck docked with HDMI, but couldn't manage to get the first player to swap through source menus, though I can easily fix this and keep the mirroring by getting a converter so no worries on that front. I'm hitting a brick wall with the JV I/O (JAMMA) port though - from what I can gather, both controls are linked via USB in the system running through namco's VS PCB board. I tried both the USB inserted into the system, as well as the unused cable on the second player side, but couldn't manage to get any sort of response from the controls. Been having issues looking into how exactly the converter works and why the deck struggles to recognise the device, since the system is just a PS3 and recognises the jamma as a regular gamepad from the looks of things. Does anybody have more experience with how the JAMMA works for this, and/or the process for getting it up and running on a PC (things like drivers or additional applications for support, etc)? Thank you

both controls are linked via USB in the system running through namco's VS PCB board. I tried both the USB inserted into the system, as well as the unused cable on the second player side, but couldn't manage to get any sort of response from the controls.
JVS and USB are not interchangeable. You will damage things plugging JVS items into USB items. They aren't interchangeable despite having the same shaped connectors.

To connect a PC to a JVS IO you need to use some form of adapter, like this one: https://irkenlabs.com/product/jvs-pac-2/

Thank you, I'll pick one of these up and give it a shot ASAP. I saw the connectors and assumed they were the same but you're right in retrospect, not the best idea to immediately connecting things lol. Do you know if I'll need to grab one for each cab, or just the one? I'm admittedly a little confused on how the design works, I see the in port but not the other connector

A USIO is not the same as a JVS arcade board.

A USIO can be plugged into a computer as it's USB, if you switch one of the dips it'll function as a HID device on a computer just fine. You may need to run it through a USB HUB for it to work properly.

A USJ which is an internal board inside a System 357A/B converts JVS to USB for the PS3. I've not used one of these before but I'm not aware that it'll work on a PC.

A JVS arcade board uses USB as it's connector, but it isn't USB and you might damage it/the computer if you try to plug it into a standard PC. You can use something like a JVS-PAC to interface between them or https://github.com/bobbydilley/jvscore and a USB to RS485 if you're on linux.

A USIO is not the same as a JVS arcade board.

A USIO can be plugged into a computer as it's USB, if you switch one of the dips it'll function as a HID device on a computer just fine. You may need to run it through a USB HUB for it to work properly.

A USJ which is an internal board inside a System 357A/B converts JVS to USB for the PS3. I've not used one of these before but I'm not aware that it'll work on a PC.

A JVS arcade board uses USB as it's connector, but it isn't USB and you might damage it/the computer if you try to plug it into a standard PC. You can use something like a JVS-PAC to interface between them or https://github.com/bobbydilley/jvscore and a USB to RS485 if you're on linux.
It is possible to use it on a PC BUT, since there’s really no way to use it, it’s useless on PC for emulators and such…

Back