What's new
AH yes it is but the chip is further back in the housing
I managed to solder on the reset on my 256 without removing the board

What is the easiest way to disassemble the housing to get to the motherboard? It looks like a pain

I can't get the reset wire solder to stay in place, and have pretty much ruined the tracks now so maybe ruined the motherboard. Is there anywhere else the reset wire can be placed apart from soldering?

Edit: I fixed it. I'm only an average solderer, but got rogered by a super-hot Dremel gas soldering iron, and high melting point unleaded solder, which melted an adjacent resistor connection and track. I was able to solder these back into action :)

My learning in case useful for folks- get a cheap electric soldering iron (lower temp) and Weller leaded solder (lower melting point). So much easier and less damaging to the circuit board! I also bought a cheap digital microscope, so can now do really accurate solders, for an amateur like me at least, and ensure there are no shorts etc. This also worked for re-suiciding a de-suicided CPS1 C board for the Darksoft multi, which also works now. And as a plus, it's been fascinating putting stuff under the microscope :)

Last edited:
If anyone has any extra pictures and tips to share on doing this I'd love to hear it, this is the only part of the multi I haven't done because I too am an amateur solderer!

Back