What's new

Futaba Tori

Student
Reaction score
Hi, so I have a taiko cabinet on a Namco 357C and can't get it to work. It will turn on and boot into the game, but then during the checking it won't pass, it will get stuck on the camera error.
1632097723376.png

I was told that this has to do with the network service and I would have to mod my machine but what would I need to do because I am willing to do it, anyone know a way to disable this without doing anything crazy or how I would mod it?

I know nothing of these new Taikos, but can you access the test menu and turn off the camera?

I don't think so, unless it is in the ps3 os part, then no because when it boots, it goes straight to this, nothing with taiko at all.

It shouldn’t throw an error with the camera because the drive is unhacked. More likely something wrong in hardware.

I was told that it was about the network, maybe that is causing a network error because of that. How would I even hack the drive to get that to work anyways, or what about the version of the ps3 os, I was told some of the namco machines used a debug ps3 os so maybe I can figure something out. I am also working on another project because of how I thought it would be fun to make something for my school (will post about later) so for now I am kinda busy but I'll try to figure out something, any suggestions for this machine though is great because I don't know a lot about the namco machines.

Where did you get the cab? Until the last 2-3 months it's been near impossible to get Taiko HDs, so there isn't really anywhere you could get them.

A crack for this would require you to make new dongles as well. There's a working HDD image, but the dongles that came with the cab wouldn't work.

Where did you get the cab? Until the last 2-3 months it's been near impossible to get Taiko HDs, so there isn't really anywhere you could get them.

A cab that has been manufactured in the thousands, in Japan where arcades have been shutting down left and right for the last 18 months?

What?

I only started getting offered very many of them about 2-3 months ago. Much longer before that it couldn't really be purchased. I was trying.

I think the issue with the cabs is that they're surprisingly expensive compared to whatever just-gone-out-of-fashion music game from Konami or Sega. I think some Western buyers are surprised by this and that's why exporters don't bother offering them.

The first HD cab I saw in Europe was in 2017 in Stockholm. These guys also bought a brand new IIDX screen from Konami around the same time. You know what those go for.

Anyway, now with Covid doing a number in Japan, a lot of arcades here now have them.

PS.
taiko_for_cereth.jpg

Had to, sorry ;)

From what I know my cab is a taiko cab from 2019, taiko green. It is only the box, no drums or anything. Maybe that is why it was not working, I never had a controller plugged in. I am broke so maybe I can try to get one eventually.

I think the issue with the cabs is that they're surprisingly expensive compared to whatever just-gone-out-of-fashion music game from Konami or Sega. I think some Western buyers are surprised by this and that's why exporters don't bother offering them.

The first HD cab I saw in Europe was in 2017 in Stockholm. These guys also bought a brand new IIDX screen from Konami around the same time. You know what those go for.

Anyway, now with Covid doing a number in Japan, a lot of arcades here now have them.

PS.
taiko_for_cereth.jpg

Had to, sorry ;)
LOL

So I had been asking for years, and I was asking/getting prices for Nijiiro cabs when they came out too. I bought my first Taiko HD 2.5 years ago. I’ve bought 8 or so in the last 4 months. I hope that sheds some perspective on what I’m saying. I’ve known all along what the prices were, they just weren’t made available to me until later this year. They should have become more available before Nijiiro, but they didn’t. I think I got all of one around then, and it wasn’t about price. They weren’t getting offered, regardless how high of a price. The one thing that gets me is that they are coming up now, as Taiko Green, despite them all supposed to have been converted to Nijiiro. I’m not aware if there was continued network support for Green or not, though.

Just saying, have a decent grasp on the market. You could have bought one, maybe two back before this year, but you couldn’t buy 8. Comment stands, you couldn’t buy these easily before this year.

From what I know my cab is a taiko cab from 2019, taiko green. It is only the box, no drums or anything. Maybe that is why it was not working, I never had a controller plugged in. I am broke so maybe I can try to get one eventually.
This is information that probably should have been brought up from the beginning, as well as a picture of what you do have. People can’t really help you if you are missing a ton of hardware and assume you have a cab. That’s also why I asked where you got it from, again there are less than a handful of JP cabs in NA, most are Brazil loctest cabs, and I know of at least two that were in deleporable shape. Help us help you

I've been watching videos of people playing them and kinda want one now... how big are the cabinets since I don't know if it will fit through my door

127.0cm 96.0cm 205.0cm 210kg

I think that depth can't be reduced any further. I have one or two listed for sale right now, I just haven't been posting on forums because I've been hyperfocused on managing my survival. There's one to ship now, one to ship in a month or so. Listed at $7,500. I've already installed the offline patch an stuff.

Sorry to post a listing in a technical thread....just happened to line up.

Oh, does anyone have the newest cabinet? Just wondering

Just saying, have a decent grasp on the market. You could have bought one, maybe two back before this year, but you couldn’t buy 8. Comment stands, you couldn’t buy these easily before this year.

OK, so when you say something is impossible to get, you mean getting a dozen of them at the same time. Fair enough. Let's just agree on different definitions. For me, Taiko has always been available, it's just been obscenely priced. I put an offer on one years ago, it wasn't enough. Then COVID happened, exporter was like, do you still want to buy?

Anyway, can someone explain to me what the different versions of HD are or point me to some info on them? I'm completely out of the loop on them. Nijiiro is the latest and there was an upgrade kit available for it? Anyone know what that contained exactly?

Last edited:
I actually asked about it to make sure I know what the upgrade involved, specifically the IO. All versions of Taiko HD pre-Nijiiro run on 369(?), Nijiiro runs on BNA1. The hardware upgrade included new POPs, poster, dongle, PCB, monitor (120hz), and QR reader. In data modification I hear you can disable need for a 120hz monitor though. Haven’t experimented with Nijiiro yet. Afaik, there aren’t any working builds of anything floating around for older mixes except Green; I have a HDD dump of Red somewhere but it doesn’t work.

Back