What's new
I hope eventually I can dump green because I can't find it anywhere online or a backup in case my drive fails

Do the older versions have anything going for them? Green is the newest (before Nijiiri), would stand to reason that that's the version people would want.

I really should look into my cab at some point.

I don't know, maybe there is something with it being before nijiiri.

Do you have to have the drum to controller the game or can you just use a ps3/ps4 controller?

You're asking some pretty loaded questions. I still really think to get the right assistance we need to see what you're working with. It sounds more and more like you're dealing with something beyond simple technical support, but I can't tell at all what you do or don't have. Please show us what you've got.

You're not going to be able to use a controller. A 357 is NOT just a PS3, and the software on it isn't going to just plug and play a controller. The game is designed specifically to interact with the USBIO in the cabinet.

As I showed in the picture, just the camera error from before and I only have the metal box. Nothing else, no drums or anything, only the box and the usb keys.

What would I need to do or what do I need to get for this to work?

This whole time I was under the assumption you have a cabinet. This is why I've been asking.

There is literally nothing I can do for you man, these are intended to work in a machine. It might be a bit forward, but I'm 99% sure nobody is going to get that working for you. A waste of time to try, sorry.

Best thing you could probably do is convert it into a different game,sell it, or hold onto it until a hack comes along. You might want to search for some parts too.

The problem is it's not just a JVS game or anything, and the IO board isn't an easy replacement to get, unless anything changed. You're not going to get anyone to hack this for home use otherwise, it's not happening. PS3-based stuff isn't a breeze to work on like PC-based hardwares. There's a huge number of issues to tackle, it's just not worth it. You're better playing the Switch version or finding a crack for Nijiiro

EDIT: Note also the 357 for Taiko doesn't have the JVS board, so it's useless for almost anything home use really. I bought a stack of them before I realized this, they are pretty much paperweights to me atm

Rip, well time to see what I can even try to do with it then

Do you think dumping it and doing research myself I could try to get it to work? Or finding someone else to read through it and change things? That is my best idea for now. Hit me up for any more ideas though.

No. I can’t be more blunt about this. If you have never developed for PS3, it’ll not happen. Just because you don’t want to hear it doesn’t make it so. I’m sorry.

Rip, you think someone would buy it for a lower amount? Like 400 ish?

Rip, you think someone would buy it for a lower amount? Like 400 ish?
They flooded the market on YaJ for around $50. None up atm, but still it wasn’t worth much. It’s not compatible with most actual useful games because of the lack of the JVS board.

Great, is YaJ a good spot to find arcade games anyways?

Back