What's new
The level shifters can also be the source of the problem. They translate the signals FROM/TO 5V and 3V.
In general you should check if there is activity in both input and output. If you notice a pin which is changing in the input but not on the output, then that chip is the problem.
Do can do this more or less quickly with a Logic Probe.

The level shifters are SN74LVC4245A and are used as follows:
* GFX: U10, U12, U14,U16,U18,U21
* Sound: U29,U30,U31,U32,U33
* Ensoniq: U5, U7
* Mainflash: U22,U23,U24,U25,U26,U27

The level shifters can also be the source of the problem. They translate the signals FROM/TO 5V and 3V.
In general you should check if there is activity in both input and output. If you notice a pin which is changing in the input but not on the output, then that chip is the problem.

Hi,
Okay, I will give this a try and report back during the weekend.
Thanks very much.

Hi,
Okay, I will give this a try and report back during the weekend.
Thanks very much.
Hi,
I never got around to testing as I have been away for some time. I'm back now and will begin again to try to solve this problem.
Thank you

Hi,

I just wanted to report that I don't have any ICs with those part numbers on my PCB.

In the PCB locations listed in the quoted above I have ICs with part number LJ245A 9AK CE91?

Are they still the area to test and do you think I should begin testing at Mainflash: U22,U23,U24,U25,U26,U27?

My board is less than 12 months old and lasted no more than a couple of hours in use, so I'm pretty disappointed at this stage and really hope I can fix it, cheers.

@Darksoft @Notsuoh

@Notsuoh is Australia based, I’m happy to have a look if that would help?

@Notsuoh the U numbers are the location on the board, they should be silkscreened on there. LJ245A sounds like the correct part numbers, they will be fairly small.

A multimeter should be fine to test them, you should see 5V on the side and 3v roughly on the output side. If any of them are burning hot to the touch that’s bad.

Last edited:
@Darksoft @Notsuoh

@Notsuoh is Australia based, I’m happy to have a look if that would help?

@Notsuoh the U numbers are the location on the board, they should be silkscreened on there. LJ245A sounds like the correct part numbers, they will be fairly small.

A multimeter should be fine to test them, you should see 5V on the side and 3v roughly on the output side. If any of them are burning hot to the touch that’s bad.
Hi,

There is no heat that I noticed from my previous tests, I will take another look to be sure.

I will also test the input voltages and the output voltages this evening.

Sorry for the delay in my response, I'm just trying to juggle family and work stuff with very little time.

Thank you so much for your offer to help, I will be in contact ASAP.

Thank you

Back