What's new
Here it shows which pins to remove;
Toast dem pinz!
l5DdVL9.jpg

I couldn't quite bring myself to remove the pins altogether (although I know it's safe to do so). Instead, I used some angled-jaw wire cutters to carefully cut the plastic off of each pin.

$_12-2.JPG

What's the multicart pinout? Japan or Europe?

I like to keep my stuff as original as possible, so I'd like to know whether if I should get a Japanese or European motherboard.
You will need to make your motherboard region free by removing the plastic tabs in the connectors. Taito used custom versions of those connectors which can't be sourced.

You will need to make your motherboard region free by removing the plastic tabs in the connectors. Taito used custom versions of those connectors which can't be sourced.
ow, I see :(

I'm definitely not using a soldering iron to melt the thing, I think I'll go ahead and very, very slowly get the plastic off with something like a Stanley knife or have one of my friends lend me their Dremel.

You don't really need surgeon hands to be able to dremel the plastic out, just choose a ball bit smaller than the space between the pins. It's ok if the bit touches the pins occasionally, they won't break that easily. You need to patient and careful, that's all.

I was going to try to remove the pins but I see that jassin000 has removed pins and plastics. Do I have to remove both pins and plastics or only the plastics?
My understanding was that only the plastic has to be removed but evidently I'm wrong

Thanks in advance

I was going to try to remove the pins but I see that jassin000 has removed pins and plastics. Do I have to remove both pins and plastics or only the plastics?
My understanding was that only the plastic has to be removed but evidently I'm wrong

Thanks in advance
Just the plastic.

Technically you only need to remove the plastic, but it's faster and easier to just clip the entire pin like Jassin did. The pins aren't used for anything.

Last edited:
Regarding the reset wire, is anyone in the U.K. willing to solder it for me? I have zero soldering skills, but I would prefer my monitor not to keep going in and out of sync... :/

Technically you only need to remove the plastic, but it's faster and easier to just clip the entire pin like Jassin did. The pins aren't used for anything.
Wow, really? That would be far more easier than dremeling the plastic and keeping the pins intact.

I don't mean disrespect, but are you 100% sure about this? Because that's an irreversible mod, unless you're going to desolder the entire connector and put a new one in place.

pins are not used at all.. that's why carts from diferent regions are able to work in every motherboard...

but seriously.. you don't need to destroy the pins.. just don't use a tungsten-bit-destroyer-of-the-world, be patient and you won't break anything.. you don't need to be 100% precise.. nothing will happen if the bit bumps against the pins. As long as you don't have gorilla hands, and you use a ball bit smaller than the pin distance, everything will be ok.

Trust me.. been there, done that... :)

pins are not used at all.. that's why carts from diferent regions are able to work in every motherboard...

but seriously.. you don't need to destroy the pins.. just don't use a tungsten-bit-destroyer-of-the-world, be patient and you won't break anything.. you don't need to be 100% precise.. nothing will happen if the bit bumps against the pins. As long as you don't have gorilla hands, and you use a ball bit smaller than the pin distance, everything will be ok.

Trust me.. been there, done that... :)
yeah did alot myself this way

Regarding the reset wire, is anyone in the U.K. willing to solder it for me? I have zero soldering skills, but I would prefer my monitor not to keep going in and out of sync... :/
Feel free to send it my way bud, I'll do it at the same time as mine. :thumbup:

Franco's the man!
BTW...Franco...speaking of being the man....got any new creations or reproductions coming out in the nearish future?
I'm always interested to see what you are working on!

Hey dude.

To be honest I've been fairly quiet on the scene for about 18 months after changing jobs which gave me little to no project time to work on things and also sadly meant that I had to stop offering wiring and custom plastics as they were real time killers.

I'ma bit more settled work wise now and I'm just coming to the end of a load of DIY at home which means I'll have some free time again to work on stuff and I'm dying to get back on with some projects.

Projects wise, at the moment I'm looking to getting some [F3 Cart / Cart+mobo cases laser cut], I've just bought some materials to make myself a 1L6B panel for my Jaleco Pony Mk3 25 and a REALLY need to get my Sega Mini cabs finished.

Think I've got about another week of DIY left which I need to blast through and then I can get back in the saddle :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you'll be back into your gaming soon buddy :) I know how much time work and DIY can take up...! You'll have to make sure to update your Sega Mini cab threads as you make some headway ;)

Back