What's new

psychopat

Student
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just revived my x2 from the dead. I did a complete tear down and cleanup. I was getting a 4-3-4-3 error with no video.
I upgraded the CPU from a P4 to an Intel Core 2 duo and also the memory from 512 to 2gb.

Im just having an issue now, whenever I boot I get the following error message:
02.jpg

If I press F! it then loads up the hard drive correctly. However I have to do it at every boot.
I tried pressing DEL or F1 constantly while booting to access the bios and set the date but I cant seem to be able to get to the bios screen. Is there a specific key that needs to be pressed at the right time?

What I am trying to do:
1) access the BIOS at launch
2) set the proper date in the BIOS and save
3) If the date isnt saved, the issue must be the battery on the motherboard.

I have one of those battery that is soldered in a socket, the number on it is CR2354. Is there a tray or replacement that you guys use to swap it?

My other question is I am able to put my SSF4 dongle and drive. I get all success there:
03.jpg

However after that I get the Taito X2 screen and nothing happens.
01.png

Im just debugging all that next to my PCs. Does the Taito needs to be hooked up (JVS) using the usb to my Vewlix to boot completely? or it should still boot even if the IO isnt connected?

Thanks a lot, I tried it last 5 years ago and the system needs a good amount of TLC right now.

replace the battery with a standard cr2032 holder and then boot a dos disk /usb image and set the date/time.
you can get a bootable image from freedos.org

replace the battery with a standard cr2032 holder and then boot a dos disk /usb image and set the date/time.
you can get a bootable image from freedos.org
thanks, but how do I access the bios even from dos? Normally on most system I set the date and time from the bios settings. Not sure how its done from dos. thanks

you dont need the bios, dos will write the info directly to the rtc chip. :)
time, and date commands from my memory - i used to have to do it with lindberg boards before the password was known

its very interesting ! (im pressing F1 to boot for 5 years..)
But how to boot on usb disk ? Please give us little bite more details :)

use a program called "rufus" to create a bootable freedos usb disk. :)

ah ok lol. sorry i thought you know about what your talking about...
then boot a dos disk /usb image and set the date/time.
you should say "maybe" ? because no we cant do that unfortunately :(

never heard about it :( but i saw some people fix this problem just by changing the battery. (in my case must be something else..)

Back