What's new
Ehmmm, what @rewrite is saying is basically, we're trying to help you trouble shoot a 30 year old piece of electronics on the internet. It's going to be difficult and there could be 100s of things wrong with it. That's how arcade PCBs be dog, and if that kills it for you, I understand, we've all been frustrated. My boy @8bitforlife has had the WORST fucking luck with electronics I've ever seen, but he's still in the game, because he loves the game.

That repro you are disparaging is awesome and has saved probably dozens, if not hundreds of boards from the scrap heap.

Finally, I'm offering you some ways out. A repair, or a sale.

I can whole heartedly recommend MiSTer for you. It's very easy to use, doesn't use 30 year old parts, and has a community willing to help. I'm sure Konami Violent Storm will be added as a core soon as well.

@xtrasmiley this guy's been around a long time, and buying up all the Konami stuff he can. I'm not being rude to a newbie or even a decent member of the community... He's not getting out of the hobby or anything else. He's just causing trouble on AP now, that's all.
I'll default to your knowledge of the situation. We're offering him help, he's insulting a product made by a member we respect. He was on thin ice for that anyway.

I chose my words very carefully. They could barely even be considered to be critical; and certainly not insulting. I was quite reserved and respectful with that post. And if referring to the current hybrid modules as imperfect struck a nerve, then you are overly sensitive about it.

Our communities ideas and inventions improve over time. Cutting traces and soldering jumper wires on CPS1 C-boards is considered primitive now compared to using the Kabuki. Reprogrammed Phoenix roms with on-screen text being altered on CPS2 boards is unwarranted now that we have infini-key. Etc.

So, hybrid module replacements that require transferring the original (sometimes damaged) ASIC’s which utilize ultra-thin boards that are barely thicker and stronger then the ridiculously thin originals, are also PRIMITIVE compared to the next solution, which is inevitably around the corner.

I have purchased 8 modules so far. Some through my own account here. Some through other members here. And some through eBay. Some unpopulated, some partially assembled, and some fully assembled. And so far ZERO have worked; including the one you assembled and sent me. But I NEVER complained about this publicly.

You are correct. In this case, it’s not the hybrid modules fault that my Violent Storm board isn’t working. And I never said so. In fact, quite the opposite. I CLEARLY stated that there wasn’t even anything wrong with the original module that was on the board. And I reluctantly removed it upon the advice of those who chimed in here. Again, not the fault of the replacement hybrid module.

My disenchantment with my board not working and my disenchantment with the current hybrid module replacements is unrelated. And my opinion that they are primitive is just that; my opinion. And I am entitled to it. If it offends or insults you, then I apologize.

I didn’t “lash out” at anybody and I didn’t “insult” a product made by one of your members here. And don’t refer to me as “causing trouble” at this site. These are all complete EXAGGERATIONS and stating LIES like that are what causes trouble, not me with my posts.

Keep it fair and honest if/when you decide to chime in. I came here to AVOID drama. I don’t want to start any trouble. And if my asking for help does that, then I won’t ask for it anymore. Thank you to those who tried to help.

I have had a tmnt nightslashers lifeforce bucky dark seal double dragon bubble bobble among others

Bubble I fixed my self then it failed again got it fixed. Tmnt got fixed traded for killer instinct. Night slashers has been fixed 3 times 2 chips had to be replaced @Hammy thanks to him. Lifeforce has been twice 1 chip replaced failed again ended up being solder on mod done by @Mitsurugi-w new mod not his fault was doing me favor. Bucky waiting for a chip to fix it havent found it. Can't fix dark or do yet.

Had 7 cabs come not working. E2 needed a new psu. Blasts needed new psu and monitors. Windy2 still down hopefully jnx will fix my chassis. Aeros seem to work but still recapping chassis and psu gotta sand and repaint both cabs.

I have had more disappointment than most people in this hobby. Iv also probably spent more money. I'm in Hawaii so I have to freight stuff in. I could have bought 6 or more cabs if I didn't have to freight cabs and replacement crts. I could of gave anyone a run for there money in the amount of cabs in here if i didn't have that overhead.

YOU just have to keep plugging away. The only thing I can suggest is if you dont want to spend money on boards is use a rpi2jamma on each cabinet and only use a single rom each rpi.

If the module I sent you didn't work then the module is not the problem. Obviously.

And as I told you these repros are make on pcbs with copper traces not plastic wafers with painted on conductive ink like the originals. These repros are SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than the originals.

As for transplanting the original custom chip, feel free to put up the money to decap and reverse the orignal yourself. Surely it's as easy as you think it is, right?

I never said it was easy.
Find where I said this.
You won’t, and you can’t, because I didn’t.

And I never said half the things that people in this thread are claiming that I said either.

Again, your clearly defensive of this hybrid module that you co-created with Fabrizio. And your getting way too heated up over my constructive criticism of it.

Don’t play into the drama that these other guys here are instigating and allow that to dictate what you think or how you reply in this thread. They don’t speak for me and I certainly hope they don’t speak for you.

I have been nothing but respectful to you; both here in this thread and privately through our PM’s. And I even apologized to you earlier, as an ultra conservative measure. So you choosing to treat me with unwarranted hostility is a mystery and beyond my understanding.

1) The next time I buy a “tested/working” Konami hybrid module board, and it does not work, I will immediately file complaint with PayPal for a full refund.

2) The next time I have a Konami hybrid module board fail, I will immediately send it to a tech who specializes in that area of repair.

3) The current hybrid module replacement options are “primitive”. An easier, better, and more complete solution is still needed.
Sorry, I didn't get this.Can you explain this better, please?

I have purchased 8 modules so far. Some through my own account here. Some through other members here. And some through eBay. Some unpopulated, some partially assembled, and some fully assembled. And so far ZERO have worked; including the one you assembled and sent me. But I NEVER complained about this publicly.
Zero have worked for you really?But hundreds of them worked for other people.Don't you think the problem is on your side?

Last edited:
Again, your clearly defensive of this hybrid module that you co-created with Fabrizio. And your getting way too heated up over my constructive criticism of it.
So, hybrid module replacements that require transferring the original (sometimes damaged) ASIC’s which utilize ultra-thin boards that are barely thicker and stronger then the ridiculously thin originals, are also PRIMITIVE compared to the next solution, which is inevitably around the corner.Again, your clearly defensive of this hybrid module that you co-created with Fabrizio. And your getting way too heated up over my constructive criticism of it.
The replacement has been designed entirely by me, Mitsurugi is only one of my distributor.Anyway, you keeps using the word 'PRIMITIVE'?What do you mean for "PRIMITIVE"?Do you really know what we are talking about?Why don't you try to engineer something better?

Last edited:
primitive means basic, stone age, crude, simplistic, etc.
OK.As said, why did he not design something more advanced by himself starting from reverse-engineering the '054321' ASIC?Mate, don't take this as offense but I strongly recommend you to change hobby, there are a lot of them more suited to your abilities (fishing, darts, trading cards, etc)

Last edited:
And once again, first Mitsurugi, and now Caius, responding and replying to quoted words of OTHER people here who have posted in this thread. Those are not my words.

I will reply to Caius in regards to ONLY the actual words that I said and only because it breaks down in translation.

“...1) The next time I buy a “tested/working” Konami hybrid module board, and it does not work, I will immediately file complaint with PayPal for a full refund...”

these words have NOTHING to do with Mitsurugi or Caius “reproduction modules”! You have MISUNDERSTOOD me! When I said “a tested/working Konami hybrid module board” I was referring to THE ENTIRE ORIGINAL JAMMA BOARD ITSELF. I have been burned TWICE now by OTHER sellers who sold them to me as working boards.

“...2) The next time I have a Konami hybrid module board fail, I will immediately send it to a tech who specializes in that area of repair...”

AGAIN, I was referring to the ORIGINAL module itself. When it fails, I don’t want to bother with repairing or replacing it anymore. AGAIN, it has NOTHING to do with the new modules made by you. ONCE AGAIN, I was MISUNDERSTOOD.

“...3) The current hybrid module replacement options are “primitive”. An easier, better, and more complete solution is still needed...”

OK. Now we arrive at my FIRST and ONLY comment about the “current module replacement options” which btw is not ONLY in reference to the Caius module but also the Kellogg module. SO, I said “primitive”. Here is what I meant by that. MY WORDS HERE NOW, not the other IDIOT MORONS speaking for me.

“Primitive”
“easier, better, and more complete solution”

It is “early”. (primitive) in the sense that the module requires having to transfer the asic. The next revision or next generation of modules (whether made by Caius, Kellogg, or somebody else) will surely eliminate that step whereby making the replacement of these sound modules EASIER BETTER AND MORE COMPLETE.

Do you understand now better what MY WORDS meant? I sure hope so.
So much ANGER and HATRED and for what?!
What the hell did I do wrong here?
I stated my opinion on something, and did it respectfully and with great care and yet I get attached like I’m some kind of villain.

Not only is what I said 100% fair and honest and respectful, it is also 100% TRUE. The modules will be “improved” in the future, and then these older ones will be “primitive” compared to the newer ones.

Many people are perfectly fine and happy with the current modules. OK. Great! Then so be it. But I am not. And so I will wait for a better module to come in the future.

You don’t have to take it personally. It is not an insult. And I never claimed to make a better one or reverse engineer the asic, etc. NO. I don’t say or claim these things. And I never attacked or insulted anyone who made them.

3) The current hybrid module replacement options are “primitive”. An easier, better, and more complete solution is still needed.
Anyway, you keeps using the word 'PRIMITIVE'?What do you mean for "PRIMITIVE"?Do you really know what we are talking about?Why don't you try to engineer something better?
And once again, first Mitsurugi, and now Caius, responding and replying to quoted words of OTHER people here who have posted in this thread. Those are not my words.

So. Uh. Last time I had a chip fail in the sound section of the Konami diagnostic screen, I checked continuity on all the audio module pins to their next connection. I found one via that was broken under the audio module. One patch wire to the custom cleared the issue. Worth grabbing a multimeter and checking each of those pins! https://m.imgur.com/a/tGjcwCV

“rewrite” you are being a complete troll.
you are contributing NOTHING to this thread.
everyone else sees this and the mods here, assuming they are fair, will also see this.

I can buy it if you finally desist.i need the 055550 custom

Back